Solution to errors in iTunes when jailbreaking 2.0

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
For those of you getting error (6), error (9), error (1619), error (1), etc., most likely, your problem is not having the iPhone in DFU mode. This is NOT recovery mode. This is very important.

Follow this video to put your phone in DFU mode.

Hopefully this helps some of you. This solved my problems.

Aug 10, 2008
i have in dfu mode

i have my ipod touch in dfu mode but iTunes is still giving me the error 1:oops: please help

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
i have my ipod touch in dfu mode but iTunes is still giving me the error 1:oops: please help
I would venture to guess that since you're posting in an iPhone forum, it's because you're following and iPhone jailbreaking tutorial, instead of one for iPod Touch?

I would suggest reposting your question in the iPod Touch Hacks Forum.

xMAZx

Aug 12, 2008
I got error 1 with my 3G when trying to load up my custom IPSW, and definitely had it in DFU mode.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm brand new to all this and could do without the heart attacks, fearing my new toy has been bricked.

evil_ryu

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
i found this.....

Problem: I cant restore my custom firmware. I just get error 6, 1, 2, (something low).
Solution: This has multiple causes. Generally, you are not in DFU mode. Winpwn solution after ruling out the above: Delete the device file (x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw) in your iTunes folder. (Search for the file). This can also be caused by using the incorrect firmware image (a 3g on a 2g for example).