Solution to no sound coming from your speakers or headphones

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I just thought I'd post this to help anyone else with the problem.

If all of a sudden, you can't hear people on calls, or music from the iPod, and you get no sound in headphones or from the speaker, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

If this doesn't work, try repeatedly inserting and removing you headphones.

If none of the above works, the resort would be to try a restore, and if still to no avail, you speakers have a physical problem, and need to be replaced.

(DO NOT use iRadio, as it has been linked causing speaker damage)

slingshot110

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
SF, CA
I had this issue the other day. I could hear sound from the headphones, but not the phone's earpiece. The headphone in/out method worked for me.

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
iRadio is OKAY to use! Just don't blast the sound out of the speaker! Why listen to anything through that awful speaker anyways? iRadio is a great app, my favorite and most useful one - use your HEADPHONES, and the quality is fantastic.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
If all of a sudden, you can't hear people on calls, or music from the iPod, and you get no sound in headphones or from the speaker, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

If this doesn't work, try repeatedly inserting and removing you headphones.

I would actually recommend to insert and remove the headphones a few times BEFORE reseting all settings.