Solution to the battery problem

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
Maybe not the most convenient, but certainly the cheapest. If you would like a battery that can last over 250 hours on standby and 24 hours of music straight between charges look here. I used this site to replace my old old old iPod and they did a fantastic job, the battery was superb. I would do businesss with these guys any day. They can certainly juice your Pod! (and phone!)

Only $20. If you want them to send you a box to put your phone in with a shipping label to send it back and them to fix it for you, it'll be about $50 bux. Still, not bad imo

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yeah, I'm a big fan of iPod Juice, but I recommend that you wait till you are out of hardware warranty or Apple Care warranty before doing this.

Wiggo

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Memphis
Not a solution. Their replacement batteries are 3G batteries, which are 1150 mAh, while the 3GS has a 1219 mAh battery, so you would be getting a battery that doesn't last as long. Not really going to help battery life, and as Hawk points out, you'll void your warranty in the process.

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
I don't know about yours, but the 1219 mAh battery in my phone is brokey. I can go 2 straight days with no worries on my V1 and can't make it an entire 12 hours on my 3Gs... So.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I hate suggesting this, but run it all the way down and then charge it overnight back to 100% and keep it topped off for a day (bring something to charge with throughout the day) Then test it again.

Average settings would be:
Brightness Auto with slider at 1/3
3G on
Location services OFF
manually check mail - or pull every 30 minutes to an hour
average use of internet- shoot for 15minutes per hour
WiFi ON - but ask to connect OFF

Use those settings and see what your usage is like. If you can do better than 5 hours of usage with those settings, you aren't that bad. If you can get 5 hours and have better than 40% battery left, you are fine.