Solved: Post reproducibly crashes tab on Safari; OK on Chrome

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I posted something earlier, it was okay until it was replied to.

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/movies.46885/page-216#post-1082011

It crashes the Safari tab it's running on. It has happened five times already. No problem on Chrome (yet).

Anyone else on Safari 8.0.2 have issues with this particular thread?

Here is what I see immediately before the tab crash; I see the reply by Napoleon, then when I scroll up, my post is only partially rendered. At this point the frozen/crashed tab issue begins and nothing I do can stop it:

Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 6.41.29 PM.png

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Did I say something wrong? =)

I said "reproducibly" because it happened in a reproducible manner— meaning I was able to reproduce the malfunction by repeating the steps. What would you call it, hmm? I guess I could have said "always"...

Update: It's fixed. I cleared the browsing history for "today" (only). I came back and I was asked for my eiC pw to log on. Not sure if that caused the "repair" of the thread or not...

In light of these developments, I guess this thread title could be changed to "semi-reproducibly."

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

I said "reproducibly" because it happened in a reproducible manner— meaning I was able to reproduce the malfunction by repeating the steps. What would you call it, hmm? I guess I could have said "always"...

Update: It's fixed. I cleared the browsing history for "today" (only). I came back and I was asked for my eiC pw to log on. Not sure if that caused the "repair" of the thread or not...

In light of these developments, I guess this thread title could be changed to "semi-reproducibly."
So it's solved?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Odd, but glad it's fixed.

Reproducibly. I bet you are fun to play Scrabble with...

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto

maybe hide made up words in another language.

eg. reproduirilment ;)

Sent from my OnePlus One