Some 3G iPhone info.. don't look if you already know.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Very cool and I hope it's true. A 3g iPhone by summer would make many people happy, but I fear it might make even more angry that they "wasted" their money on an inferior phone.

Oct 9, 2007
won't 3g have some downsides? Like terrible battery life? Are there any speculations as to any other changes being made to the new iPhone, or is it going to be basically the same with 3g? wonder if they will offer an upgrade program of some sort.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
won't 3g have some downsides? Like terrible battery life? Are there any speculations as to any other changes being made to the new iPhone, or is it going to be basically the same with 3g? wonder if they will offer an upgrade program of some sort.
I read somewhere that a battery is being worked on now for the 3G. As far as an upgrade program, don't hold your breath.:)

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
What's more important is how much more you'll pay per month for something that might not even be available in your area. I live in NYC and there zones with no 3G even here.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
What's more important is how much more you'll pay per month for something that might not even be available in your area. I live in NYC and there zones with no 3G even here.
That's always been my thing. If that is all V2 has to offer, I will have to pass until 3G gets better in my area.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I had been hearing that about the 3G network, but never looked into it. I checked to see if it was really worth it for me to wait, but it seems like 3g coverage is really widespread in california. :cool:

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
That was also part of the rumor, that it would be announced mid-year.
Right but its also logic. Based on everything that has happened since the iPhone came out, there is no way they would go a whole year, or near a year without announcing ANYTHING. It might not be 3g, but it will be something.