Some info on iPhone 2.0?

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
Can someone link me to some hard info on the 2.0 iPhone software coming next month? All I hear is pretty much speculation and whispers, the only thing I know for sure is the AppStore (Still know very little about it) and the 3G phones... But I'm not getting a new phone... I just care what's coming with the software update... I can't find any good sources from Google.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
You can watch the SDK launch event video where full details were given on what was coming in 2.0, at:
http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/rtp20e92/event/index.html?internal=fj2l3s9dm
The two biggest things are the App Store and full Exchange Activesync support.

Since that event, a lot of solid sources (developers testing beta builds of the new firmware) have spotted other interesting items like: Contacts search, ability to download images from Safari, parental controls and others I can't recall right now ...

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
^^ That's a great start and all are CONFIRMED in the software update. WE are pretty much 100% sure that this will be the same firmware used in the next gen iPhone because the underlying code has 3G and GPS references to it meaning the new iPhone will have 3G and GPS. The Apple website with the SDK event movie has what you are looking for.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
There's not much else significant in 2.0 that will come installed on the phone. There will be push Exchange integration and other than that, all coolness will come from apps you get from the store. And there will be a teleport utility and a mini light saber.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
will there be a guide as to how we upgrade with our jailbroken 1.1.4?
Upgrading to 2.0 should not be any tougher than it was to jailbreak 1.1.4. The Pwnage video demonstrated that the 2.0 beta upgrade was as simple as running IPSW Builder to create the customized firmware, and using iTunes restore to install it on the already Pwnaged 1.1.4 iPhone.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
kool thx, so we won't lose all our apps and everything we installed when we upgrade? we won't have to re-jailbreak to upgrade then? that'll be kool if so.