Some iPhones delivered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewGuy, Oct 11, 2011.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Apparently some people in Germany got their iPhones today...

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. Eric Hollis

Eric Hollis Member
    Bronze

I saw this. My Verizon order finally updated. Still no tracking number, but finally an order number and a new menu. Looks like it should give me a tracking number soon. Says it will deliver by the 14th!

3. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Ya a lot of people seemed to have problems with their order status info, even with AT&T. I have AT&T and mine doesn't show back-ordered anymore as of today.

4. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

^^^Plus 1...I know I am probably pushing my luck but I am hoping the "by" the 14th means there's a chance for Thursday...Otherwise I gotta wait till Monday cause I get on a plane Friday early AM! :censored:

5. Eric Hollis

Eric Hollis Member
    Bronze

Let's only hope! Does anyone know if it's possible to just have UPS or FedEx hold my package at the final location instead of sending it out for delivery? I may not be home when they try to deliver it, but work in the city that it will go out for delivery from, and would rather be sure and go get it there

6. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

I called ups today and spoke with them about options. You can join myups (free) and once it activates, can release it without a signature. Apple's form don't work w ups. You may also be able to get them to change your final destination or hold it.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

7. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I've heard nightmare stories about picking up from UPS. Just google it. I'm sure it's possible but doesn't mean they'll do it or that it'll be easy. Do you have a VERY trustworthy neighbor that'll be home?

8. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Really? I prefer UPS but I got fedex this time around. I have never had a problem picking it up. Guess it might depend on where you are.

9. Eric Hollis

Eric Hollis Member
    Bronze

So fedex won't allow me to pick it up at the location until they have one attempt at delivering it without success. They did say I could sign a piece of paper allowing them to leave it. Not sure if I do this. There is only about an hour window between when my girlfriend goes to work (she's on second shift for a few months) and when I get home for the day so chances are that they won't come then anyways, and if they do i don't think i will be too worried. I have a condo, know all my neighbors, and its set back. I am going away for the weekend so I don't want to chance not being able to pick up the phone until I get back.

10. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Ya, I would be doing the same thing. I leave notes on my door all the time for packages. Luckily I took friday off from everything so im not leaving till I get it. Then going directly to the Apple store to check out the line and get ghost armor put on at their kiosk outside.

11. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

If you ordered from Apple, the shipping email does have a link to a form you can print out and tape to your door authorizing UPS to leave the package on your front door, back door, or other.

12. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I jut woke up to the fed ex guy at my door with a package from Apple.
    Not an iPhone. Apple care for my old phone.

13. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Hahaha, man that must sucked! U c a fedex guy today and then he ends up not having what you thought it was

14. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

No it was exactly what I thought it was. I didn't pre order a 4s.