Some issues with the iPhone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by zsuki, Oct 10, 2014.

1. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

I'm pretty happy with my new iPhone but there are still something that bothers me. This is my 4th iPhone since very first gen in 2007, and since 2013 I began to hate the small screen Apple offers and went to android nations, now I'm back.

I'm new to Touch ID so I watched some video footage on YouTube, some people unlock the screen by scanning the fingers and its fast! almost instantaneous! You can barely see the unlock screen before fly to home screen, but on my iPhone its slow. Not unacceptably slow but it takes about 1 sec to pass the unlock screen. I'm pretty sure that I registered my fingerprints correctly and covered almost every inch of my fingers, but it still slow, any way to make it faster?

And there is another problem here, I cannot turn off "frequently visited websites" in safari, every time I launch safari and try to input something on that little box it pop-up a page with my Favourites bookmarks and frequently visited screen. Since web browser should be a very private thing, I don't want my colleagues to see what I'm visiting when they borrow my phone to search something. I just want to turn it off if you know how please tell me.

And here is a serious one, iCloud keychain. I seems not be able to enable it. Every time I check iCloud on settings the keychain is off and I have to turn it on again, then it asks me to input my Apple ID password then comes with the text message code authorization. I have already enabled it on my mac but I now have to turn it on everyday in order to use it.

The last one, how to remove the favourites and recent contacts from multitasking panel? its really annoying since I don't call those guys that often. If I want call, I always go to phone app then make the call.

I know I have many questions here but please tell me if you know answers of any. Thanks.

#1 zsuki, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Hello. As for touch id do you leave thumb on home button after pressing it? If not then this'll be faster. The favorites and recent when you double tap home button I don't see an option to remove. The apps though you just swipe up but is not necessary unless it's frozen or causing an issue or not responding.

3. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

Hi, thank you for replying. Yes I leave thumb on home button after clicking on it and it's slow. I tested the speed when I make a purchase from App Store it recognises my ID less than about 0.3 seconds so I don't think the problem is caused my sensor hardware. However it takes 1+ second sometimes 2 seconds to go to the home screen. Not as fast as what iPhone 5s does.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure then. I tested mine and it is pretty quick. If it's quick for you elsewhere then all is good, but does it ever say try again?

5. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

No, it says try again only when I put unregistered fingers on the sensor or put thumbs in a very weird Angels. I'm pretty happy with the recognition accuracy. Only the unlocking speed bothers me. And since it reads my print so quickly elsewhere I assume that it's a bug or something in ios. Hope Apple will fix it with future rolls. :)

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I don't see how it could be a bug in the iOS as touch id is within the phone. Maybe try doing new prints?

Do you have a case over your screen?

7. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

No I don't have a case. I say it's a bug because it could due to some UI lags or, the print analysis takes heavy CPU usages? I don't know but I'm gonna try a recovery and clean install of ios, I restored the system from my previous iPhone 4s backup witch is two years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I wouldn't worry too much about it to restore, but of course you can. :)

9. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

Yeah, I'm downloading the ipsw right now. Thanks for being so patient and not laughing at my lousy English :)

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

No problem. Why download the ipsw? You should be ok restoring in iTunes directly. Unless you mean iTunes is downloading it.

11. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

Oh damn, you are right! I'm basically new to ios I already forgot how to use iTunes. Lol you saved me a lot of time again

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I had a feeling you may be downloading it off the Internet, which iTunes does if needed. :)

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

In Safari you can click the double box and go into private mode. Then your history won't be saved.

14. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

yeah still downloading anyway. But now Im letting iTunes do the restore. Im really not a fan of technologies and I hate hate how "simple" iPhone is, sometimes it does some weird thing. I hope iOS 8 can save me.:p

15. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

To disable your recents in the App Switcher, go to settings, mail contacts and calendars and scroll down and disable show in app switcher.

16. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm confused. You should be on iOS 8 already with the iPhone 6+ but of course there have been updates of it.

17. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

you are awesome! my iPhone is now under the restoring progress but I just tried the private mode on my old iPhone. It's exactly what I wanted! Oh I love this forum

18. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

Thanks pal! thats cool! and I guess there are still many thing I don't know about iOS and iPhone, Ill keep visiting the forum(y)

19. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Awesome! Lon helped you above with the recents and favorites.

I'm glad too. That was annoying me too.

20. zsuki

zsuki Member
    Bronze

(y) you guys are swesome! by the way do you use tapatalk? I found this app is quite convenient for browing forums on iPhone.