Some newbie questions

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
I just got my iPhone after switching from my crackberry. I have a couple of questions, the first question is that when I find a wallpaper on this site forum how do I go about loading them onto my phone? Also when using iRinger where do I export the final product to?

Another thing, why when I add an App from the App Store does it replace the currect icon on my home screen? I had AIM there and then downloaded Say Who and now my AIM icon is missing.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I just got my iPhone after switching from my crackberry. I have a couple of questions, the first question is that when I find a wallpaper on this site forum how do I go about loading them onto my phone?
if you're on your iPhone, when you're browsing Safari, you can hold your finger on an image to save it to your phone. It will then show up in your "camera roll" in the pictures app. From there tap on the picture, then on the little arrow that appears at the bottom left of the screen, and tap "use as wallpaper".

To sync pictures from your computer to your iPhone, plug your iPhone into iTunes, and open up the "pictures" tab on your iPhone screen. Check the "sync photos from" box, and choose either iPhoto, or a specific folder of pictures you would like. To use one as a wallpaper, tap on it in the pictures app on your phone, just like before.

Another thing, why when I add an App from the App Store does it replace the currect icon on my home screen? I had AIM there and then downloaded Say Who and now my AIM icon is missing.
Sounds like Say Who just booted AIM onto the next "page" of apps. if you swipe your finger from right to left on your screen, do you see a new page with AIM on it? If so, you can rearrage the icons by holding your fingerdown on any icon until they "woggle". You will then be able to drag any icon wherever you want to put it. Just hit the homescreen button to lock them again.

not sure about your iringer question... never used it.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
By the way, you should go ahead and jailbreak your phone to benefit from Cydia application. All applications are free and much more than App Store.

TJL7386

Bronze
Nov 14, 2008
Michigan
I had checked the next page for AIM and it wasn't there. Is there any reason why Say Who would replace AIM as an app?

GeeGawGadgetGuy

Bronze
Nov 2, 2008
I had checked the next page for AIM and it wasn't there. Is there any reason why Say Who would replace AIM as an app?
Welcome TJL!

It shouldn't have replaced AIM. Have you checked on your iTunes program? You can set it up to sync applications...look under the applications tab and see if it is there...if not I suggest downloading it again from the App store. You can sync apps on one of the options in iTunes.

Not sure if this will help but its a start!

Good luck!