Some of the items in the iTunes library can not be copied because they can't be....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gulbane

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
...... found.

This just started happening.

I will download a bunch of podcasts, sync up and everything will be fine. The next day, I will re-sync and get told that 1-4 podcasts (or files of any kind) can no longer be found.

Sure enough, Ill go into the iTunes folder, into the specific podcast folder, and the file is not there. The day before it WAS transferred to my iPhone, and it's still ON the iPhone, but iTunes somehow erased it and is now complaining the file is gone.

I absolutely did not erase or delete the file(s). This is repeatedly happening to random files each day.....what the heck am I doing wrong?

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Yep, I have little synched files and I have had a similar problem. It was with a couple of videos. I placed one video on the iPhone. Eventually both vanished from my computer. One was still on my iPhone. I eventually added a couple of hottrixs to iTunes and placed them on the iPhone which caused the one video I had on the iPhone to vanish. Must be a bug.

eh270

Aug 3, 2007
Sounds like you shoudl just re-import those items. I had a problem where iTunes said I was not authorized to play songs I had bought on the iTunes store; the solution was to de- and then re-authorize my iTunes. Everything worked fine after that.

gulbane

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Sounds like you shoudl just re-import those items. I had a problem where iTunes said I was not authorized to play songs I had bought on the iTunes store; the solution was to de- and then re-authorize my iTunes. Everything worked fine after that.
How do I re-import the Yahoo! contacts? I don't think there is a manual way to do this, is there?