Some questions/concerns...PLEASE READ

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 12, 2007
I tried searching through the forum for answers to my questions but I was unsuccessful. If these are repeated questions, please help me out by replying with a link to the threads that answer them.

1. How do I send a text/SMS message to multiple recipients? I used to be able to sent a text message to 10 people at once on my Verizon Treo 700w. The little plus sign disappears after I add one contact to the TO: line at the top. :mad:
  2. How can such a rich multimedia phone not have the capability of sending multimedia messages via SMS?
  3. Is there a way to set a HOME page in Safari? If so, how do I go HOME from any page in Safari?
  4. How do I delete multiple email/SMS messages at once? Do I really need to do this ONE AT A TIME?
  5. How do I mark multiple email/SMS messages as read? Do I really need to do this ONE AT A TIME?
  6. Does anyone know why my Belkin iPod car charger starts draining my battery when I plug it in?
  7. Does anyone know why the iPod link in my 2006 Acura RL does not work with the iPhone?
  8. Is there a way to FORWARD a text message?
  9. Is there a way to copy and paste text from a text message?
  10. Has anyone noticed that the YouTube app does not search the entire YouTube database? I tried searching for my own videos and then did not come up.
  11. How do you DECLINE an incoming call and send the caller directly to voice mail when the phone is locked? It only gives you the option to "Slide to Answer".
These are just some of the questions/concerns that I have come up with in my first 3 days as an 8gb iPhone owner. I hope there are ways to do some of these things. I guess I was spoiled by my Treo 700w on Verizon. :laugh2:

Anthony C.
Queens, NY
8gb iPhone Owner
24" iMac Owner
15.4" MacBookPro Owner (2.33ghz Intel Core 2 Duo)

spyrwebs

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Travelin man, SOCAL
1. You can't
2. wondering the same thing
3. No home page
4. delete one at a time
5. one at a time
6. not sure
7. some accessories are not designed for the iPhone. The RL probably dosent have the software to control it. My Pioneer Z1 works tho.
8. sorry no forwarding sms
9. copy and paste. nope
10. youtube videos has to be converted to iPhone compatable format. they still currently working on converting it.
11. Hit the sleep button twice.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
How do I send a text/SMS message to multiple recipients? I used to be able to sent a text message to 10 people at once on my Verizon Treo 700w. The little plus sign disappears after I add one contact to the TO: line at the top. :mad:
You can't. Not yet. We're hoping for that in a software update.

How can such a rich multimedia phone not have the capability of sending multimedia messages via SMS?
You can send pictures through e-mail, not through text. Again, not yet. Maybe in a software update.

Is there a way to set a HOME page in Safari? If so, how do I go HOME from any page in Safari?
There's no "home" button, so there's no way to set a homepage. I have my first bookmark set as where I always want to go back to (Google) so I just use that to return "home".

How do I delete multiple email/SMS messages at once? Do I really need to do this ONE AT A TIME?
You can't select multiples to delete them. Just slide your finger (from left to right) over the log you want to delete, and the delete button will appear. Yes, one at a time.

How do I mark multiple email/SMS messages as read? Do I really need to do this ONE AT A TIME?
Yes.

Does anyone know why my Belkin iPod car charger starts draining my battery when I plug it in?
Don't know. Compatibility issue? Contact Belkin.

Does anyone know why the iPod link in my 2006 Acura RL does not work with the iPhone?
Again, Compatibility issue? Some existing iPod externals will work, some won't. I can hook my iPhone up to my car stereo without a problem.

Is there a way to FORWARD a text message?
Nope. Not yet. Maybe in an update.

Is there a way to copy and paste text from a text message?
No cut/copy & paste yet.

Has anyone noticed that the YouTube app does not search the entire YouTube database? I tried searching for my own videos and then did not come up.
Right now it's only the most popular ones that show up. This is, at least in part, because the videos have to be converted to a different format to be viewed on the iPhone (from what I understand).

How do you DECLINE an incoming call and send the caller directly to voice mail when the phone is locked? It only gives you the option to "Slide to Answer".
Press the sleep button twice.

These are just some of the questions/concerns that I have come up with in my first 3 days as an 8gb iPhone owner. I hope there are ways to do some of these things. I guess I was spoiled by my Treo 700w on Verizon. :laugh2:
What the iPhone does, it does EXTREMELY well... but there are definitely some little things missing. We (or at least I) expect some of those to be resolved in software updates. There's no official announcement on when they might be coming, but some of us think it might be as soon as next week. Only time will tell. Apple doesn't typically "announce" these kinds of things.