Some serious help needed!! Free iPod for help?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 11, 2007
I have been looking into modding my iPhone, but i have to be honest, im seriously confused, and i have no idea where to start, or where to go. Is there ANYONE willing to help me out? I have read all the threads, but for someone that is computer illiterate, its like reading another langauge. Im willing to do just about anything for a little help here. I have a 30 gig ipod that im willing to give to anyone that can make my phone look the way i want it to look. Any takers?

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I have been looking into modding my iPhone, but i have to be honest, im seriously confused, and i have no idea where to start, or where to go. Is there ANYONE willing to help me out? I have read all the threads, but for someone that is computer illiterate, its like reading another langauge. Im willing to do just about anything for a little help here. I have a 30 gig ipod that im willing to give to anyone that can make my phone look the way i want it to look. Any takers?
To be taken seriously around here, don't offer prizes etc. Thats when all the rats come out (aka the people that normally never post because they think they'll be getting something free).......:mad:

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I'll help you free of charge, all you had to do was ask.

Please provide us with some info first and we'll get you started

Which Operating System are you running (Windows, OS X or Linux)?

Do you have a Wireless Router or Dongle?

When did you buy your iPhone (this is to determine which firmware version it may have - there are other methods if you can't remember)?

I assume you have done nothing at all with it yet?

Please reply and we'll get you started, I'll try my hardest to make it as simple as possible, but modding is not always simple.

Oct 11, 2007
OS is windows xp
Im on my laptop, w/ wireless
I bought my phone the day after the price drop. (i sent that one back as a result of problems with it ad they sent me a brand new one, so i guess technically its newer than that)
No, i have not attempted anything with it, for fear of messing it up. I build race cars for a living....this is all foreign to me.
Thanks so much for the help!

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
OS is windows xp
Im on my laptop, w/ wireless
I bought my phone the day after the price drop. (i sent that one back as a result of problems with it ad they sent me a brand new one, so i guess technically its newer than that)
No, i have not attempted anything with it, for fear of messing it up. I build race cars for a living....this is all foreign to me.
Thanks so much for the help!
If you just got one back a brand new one i'm going to assume its v1.1.1 firmware

I'll try remember the key u type 2 find out the modem version :p

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Last edited by a moderator: