some songs not syncing

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by crocostimpy, Jul 22, 2011.

1. crocostimpy

crocostimpy New Member

My daughters 8g Touch has a weird problem. There are songs on the iPod that won't sync to iTunes on the computer. The iPod has songs on it that don't show up in iTunes, even when selecting My iPod. There are 40 or so songs affected. I've messed with sync settings and still can't get it to work. All of the songs that won't sync were downloaded from iTunes but directly onto the iPod. It's running 3.1.2 and it is jail-broken with blackra1n. I would just restore it and update to 3.1.3 but she doesn't want to lose those songs. There was a decent amount of money spent getting them. She also can't update any of her apps. We have the latest version of iTunes on the computer.

Question #1: has anybody seen anything like this before?

Question #2: is there any way of getting those songs off of the iPod so they can be saved when I restore?

2. moonfish

moonfish Member
    Bronze

Silly question, but have you transferred purchases from touch to iTunes? Also, are running PC or Mac?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. crocostimpy

crocostimpy New Member

Not specifically. I thought that would happen when it synced. I'll have to look at that.

Computer is a pc.

5. crocostimpy

crocostimpy New Member

Well, oddly enough, when I had her hook it up again she said all the songs were there now. I haven't seen it with my own eyes yet though. That would be very odd, considering I've fooled around with it for quite some time trying to figure out what the problem was. I'll report back when I see it for sure.

6. crocostimpy

crocostimpy New Member

Not realizing it would wipe everything off the iPod she started to update the IOS. It restored and synced ok. She says she has all of her songs still.

The problem she still has is that when she's on iTunes it won't show how much credit she has in her account. It won't show anything at all where it's supposed to show the dollar amount. I've deactivated and reactivated the computer. She's logged out and back in a few times. We've rebooted the computer. Still nothing. We can't get a response from Apple. Anyone have a clue?

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I had a similar problem when I used a PC with my iPhone. I have never jailborken my iPhone so I hope what I am about to tell you will help.

When I had a PC and my iTunes was acting funny, I always knew it was because of the PC and the iTunes not getting along. I eventually had to completely uninstall iTunes and then reinstall it to get it to work properly. I think that is your best move. Uninstall iTunes completely, you won't loose your music or videos. U might have to put any special settings you had in iTunes back, but that'll be it. It sounds like your best bet is to uninstall this copy of iTunes, as it is probably corrupted and redownload and install a fresh copy from the Apple web site.

Now, I can't stress this enough, there is a particular way to uninstall iTunes to be sure you get it all out. Call the Apple 1-888-659-5840 select 3 for Tech support and follow the promps from there. When you get someone on the phone, tell them what your problem is and ask them to walk you through uninstalling iTunes on your PC.

Good Luck, all is not lost!

8. crocostimpy

crocostimpy New Member

I may have to try that. We're currently in 'discussions' over a billing snafu. When that gets straightened out we'll see if it's working correctly or not.

9. crocostimpy

crocostimpy New Member

Turns out the credit wasn't shown because she didn't have any. I would have thought it would at least show $0 available. Once she added a gift card it showed up. Everything's working fine now.

10. crocostimpy

crocostimpy New Member

I had unauthorized it and reauthorized it several times without success. I also tried the Transfer Purchases. It all of a sudden synced all of the songs one day on it's own. Perhaps it was a result of one of the above. I still think it was an issue with having an older OS (3.1.2) and being J/B. She's running IOS4 now and has all of her songs. I'm not going to J/B it again. The only thing she misses, because it's a gen1 Touch, is being able to change her desktop background. But she can live with it.