Somehow I lost over 5 GB of space?

Jul 17, 2011
Hi all,

I'm new here. This is my first post as well as my first iPhone (1 week old) and something strange occurred last night. It was at about 75% battery when i went to bed and upon waking in the morning was completely drained and had to be plugged in to start up again... Then I discovered that the 11.2 GB's of available space I had yesterday had decreased to 5.8 GB without doing anything? Anyone have any idea how to recover this? I have 82 Apps installed and 120 pics that's it, no music or video. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Scott

Jul 17, 2011
I just connected to iTunes to have a look and apparently my "apps" folder has increased fron about 3 GB's yesterday to over 8 GB's today, anyone have any idea what might cause this? Thanks

Scott

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yes, a restore is probably your best bet, and since you are relatively new with the phone and profile, restore as new.
Once you restore, add your apps back in one at a time, and check to see if any are causing undue connection and download.
If you don't want to restore, I suggest uninstalling the last 2 apps you added, and testing. If after you delete them and sync, your phone's space comes back, then you know that one of those 2 apps is the culprit and you need to research what might be the cause.

Jul 17, 2011
Thanks for the advice Hawk, but prior to seeing your post I reluctantly restored...from backup. After all the trouble I had sometime ago restoring an ipod touch, I wasn't expecting it to go well, however to my surprise it worked perfectly. The whole process took less than 25 minutes and reinstalled all my Apps and Data right back where it was to begin with, and best of all I have my almost 6 GB's back. I will keep an eye on it to see if it starts to disappear again, but all's good to this point.

Thanks again though,