Someone help, immediately!

Feb 18, 2008
Thank you for coming in here.

I have the 8gb iPhone and use a Macbook. I went ahead to update my software tonight on iTunes and it came up with an error saying my phone could not be updated.

It said in order to use iTunes with the phone, I had to do a restore. I got an error with the restore, too, saying my phone could not be restored. I restarted iTunes and my Mac and tried again, but no luck.

Now my precious iPhone is "stuck" on the screen that it goes on when the phone is connected to iTunes, even though it is not connected to anything. I have turned it off and back on, and it is still just "stuck" on that screen.

How can I get it working again? I don't care about the software updates at this point, I just want my lovely phone working!

*****UPDATE*****
I got the phone out of recovery mode and working again, thank you all, but it still won't update. I am giving up for the night, too long of a day! Thank you all.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
This may sound weird but my phone got stuck and i changed usbs and it worked?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Download a program called iNdependence here. Connect your iPhone to the Mac, and open iNdependence. It will boot your iPhone. If it doesn't, try a few more time. Once it has, try Restoring again, and then update.

- John

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Thank you for coming in here.

I have the 8gb iPhone and use a Macbook. I went ahead to update my software tonight on iTunes and it came up with an error saying my phone could not be updated.

It said in order to use iTunes with the phone, I had to do a restore. I got an error with the restore, too, saying my phone could not be restored. I restarted iTunes and my Mac and tried again, but no luck.

Now my precious iPhone is "stuck" on the screen that it goes on when the phone is connected to iTunes, even though it is not connected to anything. I have turned it off and back on, and it is still just "stuck" on that screen.

How can I get it working again? I don't care about the software updates at this point, I just want my lovely phone working!
Is your phone jailbroken?

Feb 18, 2008
Is your phone jailbroken?
No. TBH, I don't know what that means, but I am assuming it is not. It is straight from AT&T.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance. I am kind of new to a lot of this stuff

Feb 18, 2008
Download a program called iNdependence here. Connect your iPhone to the Mac, and open iNdependence. It will boot your iPhone. If it doesn't, try a few more time. Once it has, try Restoring again, and then update.

- John
iNdependence doesn't seem to be finding my phone, either. :(

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
fyi - firmware updates usually take a few minutes. The important thing is that you shouldn't unplug the phone until it's completed.

Feb 18, 2008
I think I need to give up for the night.

I am too hormonal for this at the moment. It is restored and working, but still will not update. :( i will live with the old firmware for the moment.

Thank you for all your help.

-Shanna