Someone help me, debating a switch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joe Mintzer, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Joe Mintzer

Joe Mintzer New Member

So it's decision time. I'm due for the upgrade on my Motorola Droid.

I'm stuck. I love Android's potential and the complete ability of customization, but Android feels somewhat slow and less smooth than the iPhone.

I'm still debating. Anyone out there have experience with 4G VZW phones and the 4S?

iPhone pros:
    -Great UI
    -Very smooth transitions
    -Always seems to be reliable
    -Pretty much everyone I know who owns one is in love with it
    -Superior App Store
    -Best camera of any phone available

iPhone Cons:
    -Locked into iTunes
    -Lack of customization
    -No 4G LTE, which means slower downloads (this is huge for me)
    -Very mixed reviews from experts
    -Battery Life

HTC Rezound Pros:
    -4G LTE support
    -Beats Audio
    -Better processor and RAM
    -Total customization
    -Wouldn't have to start over with all my music and pictures (Google Music is fantastic)
    -Best resolution and PPI of any phone (including iPhone)

HTC Rezound Cons:
    -With HTC, it seems like a better phone comes out every (bleep) week
    -Sense UI is receiving mixed reviews
    -Also subpar battery life
    -Somewhat bulky, not as "pretty" as iPhone

And if you're wondering, I've already ruled out the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the Droid RAZR simply because they are huge. The Rezound is comfortable to hold and seems like a good fit

Any fair, unbiased, feedback is appreciated

Joe

2. brazenbagboy

brazenbagboy New Member

i would wait for a new iPhone that comes with 4g or who knows maybe by next year 5g will be out and iPhone will have it

3. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Sense should get completely tanked reviews! I had the HTC Evo 4G and it was great....at first, then it started getting the HTC updates, Sprint updates and AOSP updates.....so it tanked! Plus battery life on it is REALLY bad.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

4. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Joe, I would really just take the iPhone for a test drive. I think you get 14 days. I've tried Android and Windows phones and I always go back to my iPhone. But thats just me. :)

5. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I'd also take the Rezound for a test drive. It's a huge improvement over your original Droid.

Don't forget if you don't like Sense, you can replace it easily.

The screen size and LTE should be experienced. Also, do you use Swype?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

6. InyigoMontoya

InyigoMontoya Contributor
    Bronze

I hate to be so cynical, but good luck with that.

7. Vonwachtstain

Vonwachtstain Member
    Bronze

Get the iPhone. Even if new iPhone comes out next year you can always sell it and make enough to get new phone with very little cash added. You won't be able to sell any Androids the same way because there will likely be 20 different newer models

8. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

^^^ I agree... I have ALWAYS sold my old iPhones for at least the price of the upgraded iPhone!
    Tom

9. kiublole

kiublole Member
    Bronze

before my iPhone 4s i had the htc evo and i miss a lot of stuff from Android , widgets, sd card, custom roms ....
    the first two weeks with my 4s it was great , but you don't notice that you are missing stuff until you need it and you don't have it .

10. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Jailbreak my friend. Be patient.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The iPhone 4S battery life is great. You'll also avoid the fragmentation and malware that's in the Android Market if you go with iOS.

12. ckirkp79

ckirkp79 New Member

I have never owned an iPhone before...I've always had Android. I used to flash roms like crazy, but now after seeing all the new phones coming out every month for the past year I decided 3 months ago that I am done with Android. I just sold my phone (Droid Charge) last week and anxiously awaiting til March to get the 4s. I know that between March and October the new 5 will be out...but I've done research on Ebay and the iPhone 4 is still selling for more than what I got out of my charge (which was 300). So I'm sure the 4s will prob still be selling for over 500 or more, and that right there makes me even more confident in my choice to switching to Apple once I can. The benefits I see is, Apple only releases a new phone once a year-you will not be disappointed in buying the iPhone versus seeing Androids new and greatest the next day you get one of their phones. Plus Apple gives their phones updates more periodically than Android or the phone manufacturer/carrier. I can't wait to upgrade!

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

14. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

There are a few people on here that have actually used both devices and as such are able to offer opinions. If someone hasn't used both, they shouldn't offer advice.

Wow...really? I think you should add "for some people". And read here in the forums, and read the releases from Apple and the reviews from countless sites. Battery life is spotty at best. There is no way to toss that blanket statement on it.

15. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

We haven't seen an official release yet in how many 4s's have a "battery problem".
    You have to figure that the people we see on this forum and others are seeking help for battery issues. So it appears to you there are a lot of people with problems when you're only seeing a small cross section of 4s users.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/245272/iPhone_4s_users_satisfied_with_phone_but_not_its_battery_life.html

This article talks about satisfaction with the phone itself. How many think battery life could be better (who wouldn't want more battery life?). And then the percentage that think the battery life is a significant problem. Small percentage.

I think Europa's statement was accurate and correct.

16. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

17. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

38% of those surveyed say battery life is too short and you say "The iPhone 4S battery life is great" is a correct, blanket statement?

Ok. Can't argue with wool.

77 pages + on the Apple support forums. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3482379?tstart=0

18. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Yes. Who wouldn't say it is too short. Everyone always wants more. But the percentage of people that consider it a significant problem is what 6%. Of those surveyed. Pretty low number.
    Os that your creative way of calling me a sheep? Why not come out and say it?
    Again you are seeing the cross section of people that are having problems. Think of all the other thousands of people that bought the 4s and have no problem.
    You seem to fail to realize that just because YOU have a problem doesn't mean everyone else does.

19. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Weird. I saw a survey that said 62% of users thought battery life was just fine. Must have been a different survey.

20. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

The article YOU POSTED is called "iPhone 4S Users Satisfied with Phone, but Not its Battery Life"