Someone help me where did my songs go in iTunes LP

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by chris, Jan 26, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Okay, so a few months back I bought an iTunes LP of Anthrax "Worship Music". If I recall correctly, the songs were listed in iTunes, as if I purchased a normal album. As of late, there are no songs. There is one iTunes LP listing. In order to select a song, I need to enter iTunes LP. What if I want to push a song to a playlist or just select a particular song. It's not possible.

Is there a setting that I'm missing? Same goes for my iPhone, but it's worse. I cannot find the album at all.

2. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Maybe LP Albums are not included in the whole iCloud thing? Are you using iTunes Match? Are the songs/album on your computer?

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I did a search on my computer and found the tracks. I dragged them onto iTunes and now they appear in iTunes. Very odd. In iTunes LP, it wasn't letting me play the songs either. It appears to have corrected itself. Definitely soured me on iTunes LP. I don't use any the features, so would just assume purchase the regular album.

I'm planning on setting up iCloud. Should probably clean up my library a bit before I start the iTunes Match process.

4. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

Something similar happened to me in one of the recent iTunes upgrades. I lost the iTunes Extras that came with some movies I'd purchased. Finding them manually on my hard drive and then opening them directly through Finder forced iTunes to recognize them again. Weird.