Something cool with GPS...

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
So when i picked up the 3g iPhone, the first thing i played with was the location services.. my device was located, the blue sphere was present and moving along as i drove my car. However, when it got to the edge of the screen, it kept goin, and the map stayed stationary! I thought it was sorta lame that i would have to drap the map to keep up with the blue dot..However, today as i routed a direction, and called upon the blue circle, as it traveled,the map actually moved to keep up with it! so it will do this if a course is plotted! thought it was neat.. thanks for reading!:cool:

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
So when i picked up the 3g iPhone, the first thing i played with was the location services.. my device was located, the blue sphere was present and moving along as i drove my car. However, when it got to the edge of the screen, it kept goin, and the map stayed stationary! I thought it was sorta lame that i would have to drap the map to keep up with the blue dot..However, today as i routed a direction, and called upon the blue circle, as it traveled,the map actually moved to keep up with it! so it will do this if a course is plotted! thought it was neat.. thanks for reading!:cool:
Wanna know the secret? Do ya? Do ya?

lol.

Ok, so to keep the blue dot centered, always be sure the little crosshair in the lower left corner is hightlighted blue. If you scroll the map a little while the crosshair is blue, you will deactivate 'auto-tracking' and the crosshair won't be blue anymore. Simply tap it again to reactivate 'auto-tracking'.

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY

lol.

Ok, so to keep the blue dot centered, always be sure the little crosshair in the lower left corner is hightlighted blue. If you scroll the map a little while the crosshair is blue, you will deactivate 'auto-tracking' and the crosshair won't be blue anymore. Simply tap it again to reactivate 'auto-tracking'.
ok, ok... you got me.. but i thought i was cool for a moment! LOL thank you for the help!:p

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado

lol.

Yesterday I had an appointment which was a 25 mile drive away from my home in an area that I'm not completely familiar with. I must have scrolled the map a bit and couldn't figure out how to reactivate the auto-tracking feature. It was a pain in the ass to pass attention to the road and continually scroll to see where my next turn was. Thanks man!

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
LOL.

I'm happy to help guys. All in fun. And hopefully for you the turn-by-turn app will appear in the app store or via FW.

Rob. You sound like you're in Denver. My avatar is from Keystone in February. Love it out there!

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Yes, Denver... Keystone is awesome. You ski or snowboard?

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Yes, Denver... Keystone is awesome. You ski or snowboard?
Snowboard.

I got a little too ****y on a blue run this year and almost broke my left leg and all my ribs. I went from Schoolmarm into Paymaster, and I PAID! Did it on the second day there. Sucked. Basically went over a turn/drop while trying to slow down. Caught an edge and flew about 10 feet down while still hauling ass.

Can't wait for some pow this year. Gonna hit Park City first, then back to Colly.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Snowboard.

I got a little too ****y on a blue run this year and almost broke my left leg and all my ribs. I went from Schoolmarm into Paymaster, and I PAID! Did it on the second day there. Sucked. Basically went over a turn/drop while trying to slow down. Caught an edge and flew about 10 feet down while still hauling ass.

Can't wait for some pow this year. Gonna hit Park City first, then back to Colly.
Yikes! Almost breaking ribs hurts as much as breaking them.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Yikes! Almost breaking ribs hurts as much as breaking them.
Yes it does. Took almost two months before I was really comfortable stretching all the way around from my left side to my right.

And breathing? LOL. Taking deep breaths hurt for more than a month. I definitely bruised them badly.

All others, sorry for jacking the thread.:laugh2:

ThunderBull4

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008

lol.

Thanks mate! wow that helped me a lot.... for some reason I just couldnt figure it out why sometimes it would follow it, and sometimes it wouldn't lol.