Something I realized

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I am aware that their are rumors of iPhone 2.0 coming out in the first quarter of next year, which is in about 4-6 months from now.

Heres my realization. I still have people coming up to me in awe that I am holding an iPhone in my hand. I go to a heavily populated college so when I am using the iPhone and walking around, I always get people giving me the "Is that the iPhone?! Show me something cool it does...etc" So with this in mind, how could they possibly release an entirely new iPhone with GPS, 3G, probably more space, and who knows what else. That will be as bad as what Steve Jobs did to us with the $200 reduction after 2-3 months. I understand advances are available, but you HAVE to keep your customers in mind.

Even though I have seen this reported on TV and channels like G4, it still makes no sense. Is Apple really just becoming a money hungry monster? Hey technology's, technology, and I understand it evolves fast, but customer service is customer service, and there are boundaries. I feel Apple has been tiptoeing up to, and approaching crossing those boundaries.

Any opinions?

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
I don't see it as money hungry, I just see it as businesss. Look at a car, they put a new one out every year, same thing with a majority of handheld electronics, such as digital cameras, LCD TV's, etc... Look at it in a broader picture. Everyone wants to own the new coolest, do everything gadget, and companys know they can make money doing it. Is it wrong? My personal opinion, no.. After all, it's not like their twisting your arm and forcing you to buy a product, the decision is yours and yours alone.

But that's my thoughts on it all..

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
I purchased a Nikon D40, which is a 6.1 megapixel camera and two weeks later they came out with the D40x which is a 10 megapixel camera. I think I should iMoan and iComplain that those losers owe me some money AND the new camera. Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it. From what I have seen in my time here at everythingiPhone.com this has got to be the largest gathering of whiners, complainers and people wanting something for nothing than I have ever seen in my life. YOUR OWED NOTHING! Thank you, drive through.

Oh, and the "YOUR" is not directed actually at you, more so at the whiners as a whole.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I don't agree with citsur86.

Would you really rather have one new tech device come out every 2 years or even a year? Apple would get crushed by the competition. Look at the Samsung F700 coming out. That phone is the iPhone done right with all the little fixes. If Apple didn't make the cell phoen better and better as tech improves they wouldn't have a good line up. It's been almost a year now since they have their alpha/beta version in people's hands. The whole comment about college kids asking you to demo makes me think you like the exclusivity factor. That's why many if not most people got angry about the price drop. A new version will make their shinny new phone seem old in their head. I love my iPhone and didn't get it out of excitment for the "cool" phone. Sure it's nice to have a hot product, but I wasn't dimmed out when the price dropped and the cool factor started to fade.....it's just the way of the world and I'm happy with my product.

I say bring it on Apple, show us what kind of good stuff you can put out and the better it is the more money they'll make....simple economics:laugh2:

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I purchased a Nikon D40, which is a 6.1 megapixel camera and two weeks later they came out with the D40x which is a 10 megapixel camera. I think I should iMoan and iComplain that those losers owe me some money AND the new camera. Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it. From what I have seen in my time here at everythingiPhone.com this has got to be the largest gathering of whiners, complainers and people wanting something for nothing than I have ever seen in my life. YOUR OWED NOTHING! Thank you, drive through.

Oh, and the "YOUR" is not directed actually at you, more so at the whiners as a whole.
Sorry you didn't purchase yours with an AMEX card. No need to be bitter that others were able to recoup an additional $100.
In addition, if I'm not mistaken, the "whining" ultimately led to Jobs issuing a $100 store credit. If you read his statement it states that he "received emails from many iPhone owners who were unhappy (paraphrased)." So, without the whining, you would have not received your $100 credit.
If you feel so strongly about all the whiners and complainers on this site...maybe you should simply move on.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com

Would you really rather have one new tech device come out every 2 years or even a year? Apple would get crushed by the competition. Look at the Samsung F700 coming out. That phone is the iPhone done right with all the little fixes. If Apple didn't make the cell phoen better and better as tech improves they wouldn't have a good line up. It's been almost a year now since they have their alpha/beta version in people's hands. The whole comment about college kids asking you to demo makes me think you like the exclusivity factor. That's why many if not most people got angry about the price drop. A new version will make their shinny new phone seem old in their head. I love my iPhone and didn't get it out of excitment for the "cool" phone. Sure it's nice to have a hot product, but I wasn't dimmed out when the price dropped and the cool factor started to fade.....it's just the way of the world and I'm happy with my product.

I say bring it on Apple, show us what kind of good stuff you can put out and the better it is the more money they'll make....simple economics:laugh2:
I agree with you. Not worried at all about how 'exclusive' the iPhone is. And it is always going to be a good thing for Apple to be doing well with this product, keeping it ahead of competitors, and hopefully pumping a fair share of its profits straight into future development and enhancements.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Sorry you didn't purchase yours with an AMEX card. No need to be bitter that others were able to recoup an additional $100.
In addition, if I'm not mistaken, the "whining" ultimately led to Jobs issuing a $100 store credit. If you read his statement it states that he "received emails from many iPhone owners who were unhappy (paraphrased)." So, without the whining, you would have not received your $100 credit.
If you feel so strongly about all the whiners and complainers on this site...maybe you should simply move on.
What if anything in my post was directed at me purchasing an iPhone, with or without an AMEX? Oh that’s right, nothing. Now as the admin Chris has requested, I am not going to attack you personally, because that simply would not be right. But, in regards to you blathering endlessly in multiple posts about people buying or not buying with an AMEX, shut up. You are like a frikkin broken record and a crappy one at that, something like "Vanilla Ice's, Ice Ice Baby" Another thing, what is up with the tools on this board using the "Then just move on" or "We don't need your kind here" lines when someone disagrees with them? I am on this board to actually learn something so that if I DO decide to purchase an iPhone, I will be better equipped to know when to purchase and to know some of the issues the phone is or not having at the time of my purchase. The losers on this forum that tell noobs that they are noobs and that they are stupid and need to do their research before they purchase justify my existence on this board as pre-purchase research. If you disagree then maybe you should move along, we don't need YOUR type on this forum.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
So, let me get this straight, you don't even have one yet and you are calling us "whiners" and "complainers."
Where do you get the nerve to call us "whiners" and "complainers" when you don't even have one and thus have no idea how each of us felt following that announcement.
I'm also glad to see you researched some of my previous posts...hope you were able to learn a few things.
Why don't you simply save up for one and then feel free to chime in.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
So, let me get this straight, you don't even have one yet and you are calling us "whiners" and "complainers."
Where do you get the nerve to call us "whiners" and "complainers" when you don't even have one and thus have no idea how each of us felt following that announcement.
I'm also glad to see you researched some of my previous posts...hope you were able to learn a few things.
Why don't you simply save up for one and then feel free to chime in.
So if I actually have/own an iPhone then I can call you a "whiner and complainer"? I do not feel the way you do because I had the fortitude to not go and run out like some kind of mindless sheeple and get in line for the slaughter, good thing I was not in that line. You consistently go back to your tired old argument that if someone does not have an iPhone it is because they can not afford one. This is neither factual nor accurate. Personally if I wanted one I would have one, but as it stands now more issues have to be resolved first. Please do not take that I have seen some of your other posts as a compliment or that I took the time to research you. I simply have the ability to recognize patterns in posts. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
So if I actually have/own an iPhone then I can call you a "whiner and complainer"? I do not feel the way you do because I had the fortitude to not go and run out like some kind of mindless sheeple and get in line for the slaughter, good thing I was not in that line. You consistently go back to your tired old argument that if someone does not have an iPhone it is because they can not afford one. This is neither factual nor accurate. Personally if I wanted one I would have one, but as it stands now more issues have to be resolved first. Please do not take that I have seen some of your other posts as a compliment or that I took the time to research you. I simply have the ability to recognize patterns in posts. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
So to summarize, a majority of those of us who post here are, in your own words...

"whiners"
"complainers"
"mindless sheep"

Care to add anymore? Or does that adequately summarize a majority of those of us who post on this forum?
If so, not sure why you would want to continue to post here.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
So to summarize, a majority of those of us who post here are, in your own words...

"whiners"
"complainers"
"mindless sheep"

Care to add anymore? Or does that adequately summarize a majority of those of us who post on this forum?
If so, not sure why you would want to continue to post here.
Yheap, those adjectives would describe the "majority" or those that post here. That is evident to anyone that actually lurks this forum. I already explained to you why I continue to visit this site. There are tidbits of actual knowledge that come around from time to time and I am simply preparing myself for the possible purchase. I was here on this site on iComplaint day and that in and of itself spoke volumes.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
The whole comment about college kids asking you to demo makes me think you like the exclusivity factor. That's why many if not most people got angry about the price drop. A new version will make their shinny new phone seem old in their head.
Well....Yeah? This really does not say anything considering the statement you made about me liking the exclusivity factor is applicable to everyone.

So if something is applicable to everyone, then how is it a fault? We who spent $600 expect a little exclusivity. Whats a major factor rich people buy jags, vettes, lambos? Exclusivity. $600 = expected exclusivity.

That was a major reason which went towards people buying the phone in the first place. My post was not meant to whine or complain, but rather to make the realization that a product which is in fact still exclusive, is already being to the point of an entire new model.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Well....Yeah? This really does not say anything considering the statement you made about me liking the exclusivity factor is applicable to everyone.

So if something is applicable to everyone, then how is it a fault? We who spent $600 expect a little exclusivity. Whats a major factor rich people buy jags, vettes, lambos? Exclusivity. $600 = expected exclusivity.

That was a major reason which went towards people buying the phone in the first place. My post was not meant to whine or complain, but rather to make the realization that a product which is in fact still exclusive, is already being to the point of an entire new model.

Ok then, I can respect your views and opinions on buying it.:)

To me though, I guess I'm one of the few that bought the device for the usefulness and not so much the exclusivity. I guess the only real problem you have is that you are a little mad that Apple is possibly coming out with a second version. Am I right? Again this is all for the sake of discussion and not attacking in any way. Exclusivity huh?.....just a little saddening:(

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
its human nature I guess, sad

jags, vettes are for the rich? Jag started to make a low end model, I guess they should have given a refund to people that bought a high end model...since they watered down the brand. I see vettes all the time, I would not call them exclusive by any means. It is sad when people only have worth based on the things they own. I have a nice car because I like the car...not because I think it would make me look cool to people I don't even know.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Yheap, those adjectives would describe the "majority" or those that post here. That is evident to anyone that actually lurks this forum. I already explained to you why I continue to visit this site. There are tidbits of actual knowledge that come around from time to time and I am simply preparing myself for the possible purchase. I was here on this site on iComplaint day and that in and of itself spoke volumes.
All of your pre-teen ramblings and sloppy grammar validate the fact that UGA is a joke! A bunch of dumb apes, you guys are.

Go Yellow Jackets!

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
jags, vettes are for the rich? Jag started to make a low end model, I guess they should have given a refund to people that bought a high end model...since they watered down the brand. I see vettes all the time, I would not call them exclusive by any means. It is sad when people only have worth based on the things they own. I have a nice car because I like the car...not because I think it would make me look cool to people I don't even know.
See now I'm gonna take his side and just say he was making a point with the jags and vettes.....don't take it under a microscope, anyone can do that.

I will agree with you on it being a little sad putting "things" as worthy items. The way of the world I guess...:(