Something in the music jack

Goallie11

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've got some lint or something stuck in the music jack so I can't push the minijack all the way in. I can get it most of the way in and the sound will come out of my left earbud, but then I have to push and hold it to get full sound. Anyone else had a problem with getting junk in there? How can I remove it?

jjk454ss

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Sorry to threadjack here, but on the same topic, I was actually wondering of anyone made a blank plug or something to stick in there to avoid issues like you are having.

jjk454ss

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
What about a can of air, like for blowing out your computer? Or even an air compressor or something a little more power full?

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Take care not to damage the water immersion detector at the base of the audio jack. It's the little white dot you see when looking down through the hole.

I wonder though, if it has become dislodged, and that is what is causing your jam.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i would advise against the air can idea..

i've played around with them A LOT and i would never think of doing that to my fragile iPhone..

one wrong angle and you just shot "ice" into your iPhone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah, I would advise against the air can idea as well.
Just use the paper clip or blow really hard into it. (With your mouth.)

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
Sorry to threadjack here, but on the same topic, I was actually wondering of anyone made a blank plug or something to stick in there to avoid issues like you are having.
I've asked this as well, to no answer. If someone made a pair of these out of a non-conductive material that sit flush and cover the ear and dock openings I'd pay far more than cost of materials.

*hello, iPhone entrepreneurs!*

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i would advise against the air can idea..

i've played around with them A LOT and i would never think of doing that to my fragile iPhone..

one wrong angle and you just shot "ice" into your iPhone.
a valid point... i guess i was making the assumption that people know how to use them. I work with them a lot, and would feel MUCH more comfortable using an air can than a paperclip. Naturally, i would try getting anything out with a more "natural" means first.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
a valid point... i guess i was making the assumption that people know how to use them. I work with them a lot, and would feel MUCH more comfortable using an air can than a paperclip. Naturally, i would try getting anything out with a more "natural" means first.
exactly. if you know how and feel you can do it well, then go ahead.

on another note*
someone does need to make some damn plugs for the holes in the phone

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

on another note*

doesn't the revo come with one? other than that, i think the market is wide open. someone jump on it.

Goallie11

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Ok so I used a needle and a flashlight to get all the stuff out of there. And there was a ton of lint in there. I couldn't believe how much was in there, but someone definitely needs to make a cover for that.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Ok so I used a needle and a flashlight to get all the stuff out of there. And there was a ton of lint in there. I couldn't believe how much was in there, but someone definitely needs to make a cover for that.
congrats!

yeah im inventing one in my head right now..

chevychic55

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
OC Cali

on another note*
i have searched everywhere for a plug of some sort.

Maybe you can go to home depot and get the thinest wire you can find (paperclips are too thick to bend). Then you can get some needle-nosed pliers and slightly bend the tip just a smidge; it should work... plus you get like 5 Macgyver points.

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
The Dynex(BestBuy) iPhone headhone adapter comes with a little vinyl plug that I presume is just a packing material item. Certainly it could be used to plug the iPhone hole for pretection. I never thought about it, and simply tossed it.

The adapter is around 6 bucks at any BestBuy.