Something is really wrong with my iPhone

iphoneFL

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I have the original 8 MB iPhone. The screen has gone white...totally white :(. I can't shut it down. If I call it, the phone vibrates but there is no way to answer it. iTunes is recognizing the phone and indicates that the battery. The phone is not jail broken, has software version 2.0.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I have the original 8 MB iPhone. The screen has gone white...totally white :(. I can't shut it down. If I call it, the phone vibrates but there is no way to answer it. iTunes is recognizing the phone and indicates that the battery. The phone is not jail broken, has software version 2.0.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The white screen is cause for concern. Have you tried letting it totally discharge and recharge? If that doesn't work, you may have to bring it to an Apple Store. I did a google on iPhone/iPod white screens of death. www. ilounge.com may have more information. But, this is considered a very serious issue if running the battery down doesn't help.

iphoneFL

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Thanks..I found online that I should press home button and sleep/awake switch together for 8 secs to reboot...that seems to have done the trick. Don't know why it happened to begin with..maybe I need to reboot more often?

Thanks again!

Amt

Sep 18, 2008
It's always good to let your phone die out every once in a while, same thing for rebooting it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If something like that happens again and the soft reset (holding home and sleep) doesn't seem to work, you can always restore as a new iPhone within iTunes. If you don't sync contacts or anything from your computer make sure you somehow make a record of them.

iphoneFL

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Thanks for the advice everyone!

lLYDii4

Feb 21, 2009
OMG, that white screen thing happened to me and what you guys said worked, thank you so much! Panic over!

Last edited by a moderator: