Something is telling me...

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You know how when the V1 iPhone came out, and they dumped the 4GB very quickly. I think they are going to do the same with the 8GB V2, and introduce a 32GB version.

With all the applications you will be able to download and your music, the 8GB is going to get filled up awfuly quick.

Apple cannot keep the 8GB going for any longer than what it has. Considering the iPod Touch has both 16GB and 32GB capacities, the technology is already there.

I can feel it in my bones! Get ready for another Apple gift card ;)

May 6, 2007
United States
I think this is a pretty good guess. I think the only reason the 8GB version is still around is because there are some people who don't need a ton of space, and Apple doesn't want to have them spend too much, making more casual users afraid of the price. If I had to guess, I would say that in about six months, the 8GB will be gone, the 16GB will go for $249.99, and the 32GB will go for $299.99.

This is only my guess, and I don't know much :).

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The storage capacity was the only thing I was disappointed with. I was hoping for 32GB considering all of the great apps we should be able to download. I think it'll take a few months before a 32GB is released, too bad I don't feel like waiting until then.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
It's a difficult decision. One side is telling me to hold on a few months and don't get stung like the early adopters did for V1, but another side of me wants the phone now!

I've been using my GFs Samsung Blackjack II. As nice a phone as it is, it's not an iPhone!

The storage capacity was the only thing I was disappointed with. I was hoping for 32GB considering all of the great apps we should be able to download. I think it'll take a few months before a 32GB is released, too bad I don't feel like waiting until then.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Apple cannot keep the 8GB going for any longer than what it has. Considering the iPod Touch has both 16GB and 32GB capacities, the technology is already there.
I agree there will be a 32gb soon but remember the touch has 2 memory modules compared to the iPhones 1

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Ahh, that I did not know. I will probably get the 16GB model. It will keep me future proof'd for 6 months at least.

I can stream movies from my iPhone/iPod to my car's LCD screen. Makes life great for those long car trips. So the extra space will allow for a few more movies.

I agree there will be a 32gb soon but remember the touch has 2 memory modules compared to the iPhones 1

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a 32gig. If it was not announced yesterday, then it may well be put off until next year. Apple is not going to go through another public relations gaff as the one they had last year with the pricing fiasco. Furthermore, I don't believe they have the 32gig ready yet. Bare in mind the the 32gig Touch has none of the phone components that the iPhone has. It just may be a while.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
5 years from now, we'll be moaning that 5TB storage is not enough.... And 57G is simply way to slow! And why did Apple leave out the in-brain entertainment system, when every other cell phone has had it for the past 6 months!

My 8GB is just big enough for me but I will probably upgrade to the 16gb iPhone 3G now.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Considering the newness of the iPhone (not even 1 year old) we can probably expect to see a new model every 10 or 12 months, upgrading with more memory, faster cpu, better chipsets, better battery, advances to the touch screen (one which is in the works is solar cells under the screen to charge up the phone) etc, mostly because technology is changing so fast. So i think if your waiting for the latest upgrade you will miss the fun of the present moment..... At least the price is going down :)

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
If your like me your going to buy the
3g iPhone ASAP
so here is what you do,
Get a case..keep it in perfect condition..
when the 32 gb comes out ..Sell yours and pay the difference
(probably only 100 dollars or less)
p.s. When you get the 3g iPhone
don't you dare get the 8gb ... (no resale value)

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
how many months after the 8 gb iPhone the 16 gb came out?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
You know how when the V1 iPhone came out, and they dumped the 4GB very quickly. I think they are going to do the same with the 8GB V2, and introduce a 32GB version.

With all the applications you will be able to download and your music, the 8GB is going to get filled up awfuly quick.

I can feel it in my bones! Get ready for another Apple gift card ;)
They probably will. But even though the technology is already there, who says there is enough space inside the phone to put that much more memory. The iPhone 3G has the extra 3G and GPS chips that the iPod Touch doesn't have.