Something loose inside iPhone 4.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Reisdennis62

Bronze
Oct 11, 2010
Livingston, Ca
Hey everyone I recently got an iPhone 4 and I havnt dropped nor damaged it but when I shake it I can here something moving in it. It sounds as if there's a very small ball in it moving around. I shook my sisters iPhone 4 and didn't here anything so I'm thinking there might be something wrong with it.

has anyone heard of this problem?
Thanks!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My lock/power button rattles. I noticed it shortly after I got the phone last June. It doesn't cause any problems so I don't worry about. There are moving parts in iPhones. Unless you're experiencing problems with the phone, exchanging it isn't necessary.

Reisdennis62

Bronze
Oct 11, 2010
Livingston, Ca
Yup it was the power button. I guess I didn't notice where it was coming from since I've had a case on it since it left the AT&T store lol but that's weird because my 3GS was fine

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
pretty sure the camera lens also rattles a bit. The way I understood it, that is normal. Happened to my 3GS and now on my iPhone 4. Vibrate switch is quiet.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Hey everyone I recently got an iPhone 4 and I havnt dropped nor damaged it but when I shake it I can here something moving in it. It sounds as if there's a very small ball in it moving around. I shook my sisters iPhone 4 and didn't here anything so I'm thinking there might be something wrong with it.

has anyone heard of this problem?
Thanks!
I had the same problem, see: Rattling Sound in iPhone 4
I realized it was the sleep/off button on the top. Did you try holding that button and shaking the iPhone to see if the sound still exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 6, 2010
That rucking sucks! Take it back and get one that doesn't make any noise. After all, you paid enough money for it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
That rucking sucks! Take it back and get one that doesn't make any noise. After all, you paid enough money for it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
Apple doesn't owe me anymore "free stuff" I have got my monies worth out of them so I don't feel so bad about my rattling iPhone. I wasn't to worried about it until I started reading this thread :(

Sep 6, 2010
Apple doesn't owe me anymore "free stuff" I have got my monies worth out of them so I don't feel so bad about my rattling iPhone. I wasn't to worried about it until I started reading this thread :(
I never said Apple owes you or anyone else free stuff. However, the OP paid enough money for the iPhone and should not have to accept a flawed product that is making noise when it is so new...... If it were me, you can sure as hell bet that I would have returned it on the first day that I noticed it! And that goes for anything that I buy, not just Apple products.....

Reisdennis62

Bronze
Oct 11, 2010
Livingston, Ca
I guess I'll just keep it. It's not doing damage to the phone as far as I know. And I don't feel like taking it in and waiting another 45 minutes just to get another one lol and I don't want to lose my jailbreak on 4.2.1

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I guess I'll just keep it. It's not doing damage to the phone as far as I know. And I don't feel like taking it in and waiting another 45 minutes just to get another one lol and I don't want to lose my jailbreak on 4.2.1
Is that a siberian husky in your little avatar thingy? Those are my favorite dogs and that other little guy is cool too.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I never said Apple owes you or anyone else free stuff. However, the OP paid enough money for the iPhone and should not have to accept a flawed product that is making noise when it is so new...... If it were me, you can sure as hell bet that I would have returned it on the first day that I noticed it! And that goes for anything that I buy, not just Apple products.....
I don't consider it flawed. The lock switch has a little play, so a slight rattle when shaking it isn't a problem.