Something 'more'...

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by ivantwilliams, Sep 12, 2012.

1. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Be honest, really honest, were you expecting something 'more' from Apple today in relation to the iPhone 5 release, i.e. specs, looks etc.?

I'm not sure why exactly, but I was seriously looking for something 'more'. I do wonder if all the 'rumour' images, specs and the likes over the past few weeks have left me a little (in the voice of Gru's Mum) "Eh". Maybe I was simply expecting Apple to present something TOTOALLY different to all those rumour mills out there to say, "Ha, you know nothing, we tricked you..."

Anyway, share your thoughts...

2. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I feel underwhelmed by the whole thing, I was expecting more,not a tweaked 4s..

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I am looking at other smartphones (for example LG Optimus G) coming out later this year and wondering

4. neo

neo Member
    Bronze

I feel the same, was hoping the leaked ones werent the real deal

5. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

what i found myself thinking is: i wish the new iPhone looked more like the ipod touch o.o

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Yet another reason I'm staying with my 4s. The 5 looks nicer, but wasn't enough ummph for me to spend the upgrade fees on.

7. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the screen was only made longer & not wider. Spec wise I'm not disappointed & I'm liking the black design as far as the black bezel & buttons.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

funny you say that I wish too

9. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

No! Bad mutter! :)

10. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Nope, not at all. Like said in another post, what do we really want? To transform into a jet? Nothing will never be enough.

11. Jeffmedic

Jeffmedic Member
    Bronze

I want a bigger screen, better speakers, better
    Looking design. It's barely better than the 4s and the 4s is barely better than the 4. I have a messed up 4 and I might switch brands

I expected something like the transformation from the 3GS to the 4. That was awesome. This is so so. It's a nice phone but the competition is going to be ahead by the time the next iPhone comes out (many believe it is already).

I didn't want that. I wanted a super upgrade. This isn't it

12. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

There is a bigger screen, and better speakers! It's a lot better then the 4S.

13. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Twice the cpu, twice the graphics, bigger screen, thinner form factor, better cameras, better battery, smoother GUI than any other phone, plenty of bells and whistles with the hardware as well as with iOS 6, and the whiners come out. Just like every year. LOL....

14. Jeffmedic

Jeffmedic Member
    Bronze

I want bigger than 4"

I might get it. It's sharp. Just expected something crazy

15. Jeffmedic

Jeffmedic Member
    Bronze

Hey gramps, this thread is asking if people want something more. I answered

16. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

ya i'm not sure the "whiner" title was warranted. i too wanted a much greater redesign than what i was given and if you followed along with the gizmodo live feed they were feeling the same way. i was always in the camp that wanted a bigger phone. and yes, this phone is technically bigger but if you've seen the shots of the 4s in the 5 shell, you'll see that there really is not that much of a difference. i do like that they have upgraded the innerds but anyway.

i also don't think the "gramps" title was warranted aswell haha

17. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Geeez.. Is THAT all? Hahahaa

18. beautifulliar

beautifulliar Member
    Bronze

The biggest disappointment for me is in the storage space. Apple always wants to make things thin and forgets about making their storage bigger. Thin looks good, but most people that play games on the iPhone want a bigger harddrive. Even the smallest games end up taking up over 100MB's once you start using it. Most racing games, or any game with good graphics will end up being around 1GB. Most teens are buying smart phones and most of them have their iPhones full of games. Unfortunately, with the small storage space we are not able to have as many games as we'd like.

Games is one thing, then there's music and HD videos. We need more storage space.

19. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure you're aware of the internal upgrades this beast has. You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. With the new hardware, apps are going to be amazing. The A6 SoC is the fastest at this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

20. imotionb18

imotionb18 Member
    Bronze

I was a little bit disappointed too. I just wasn't impressed this time around. I would have wanted something bigger for the iPhone 5. They should have released this one as the 4s imo. Oh well.