Something 'more'...

4sYido

Sep 5, 2012
What you have to realise is, realistically, how much more can they fit into a mobile phone?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Hondamaker I am a whiner
But I also know the 4s has been preforming flawless !
Yeah I want more specially chic!
The biggest dissapointment is the move of the headphone jack
I use a plug-in for my phone charms (unless I use LP)

Aug 13, 2011
I was underwhelmed. Thinking about it though, it is quite a machine on the inside. Would I upgrade? I wasn't sure, but then I saw those new earpods... and I'm going to buy the phone just to get them! ;)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
The biggest disappointment for me is in the storage space. Apple always wants to make things thin and forgets about making their storage bigger. Thin looks good, but most people that play games on the iPhone want a bigger harddrive. Even the smallest games end up taking up over 100MB's once you start using it. Most racing games, or any game with good graphics will end up being around 1GB. Most teens are buying smart phones and most of them have their iPhones full of games. Unfortunately, with the small storage space we are not able to have as many games as we'd like.

Games is one thing, then there's music and HD videos. We need more storage space.
I, too, was surprised that they didn't come out with a 128gb phone.

Jeffmedic

Bronze
Sep 30, 2010
The specs are great. The looks arent impressive. It's sharp but it took 2 years to make it look slightly different.

I'll most likely get it and like it but its not as impressive looking as I hoped.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I just want to confirm, that while Apple have added some brilliant features, and enhanced some others. I was still looking for something more, maybe just a surprise that no one outside of Apple knew.

In years past, Apple would release something, and we would all be starring at the screen with our mouths open\gaping. This wasn't the case today, hence my point...

Fishcake

Sep 12, 2012
I do like the handset. But I really wanted it to be different to the leaked videos on YouTube. Its a shame that the "surprise" was ruined because of this, It hasn't happened before...

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I think it's because Steve jobs is not behind the scenes... I would think for a 5th phone it would have something better to it.. Just my opinion.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
The specs are great. The looks arent impressive. It's sharp but it took 2 years to make it look slightly different.

I'll most likely get it and like it but its not as impressive looking as I hoped.
I respect your opinion, but what did you want it to look like? Most of the other phones--not all, but most-- are cheap-looking plastic or something akin. The 4, the 4S and now the 5 are still the classiest-looking phones out there. Thinner would be harder to hold, curved wouldn't sit flat on a table or other such surface. I dunno, you tell me.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm impressed. I love the look of the 4 and 4S and while this is similar, it looks different enough that it's easily distinguishable. I'm glad the 4S doesn't look better than the 5, which easily could have happened. I want it to look good, but the specs and battery life are what's most important to me and they are not a disappointment. I think the current width is perfect because I frequently use the phone with one hand. So it looks great, it has energy-efficient A6 and LTE chips, good battery life, a 4" display, a better front-facing camera and it's a lot faster - I'm stoked to upgrade.

Jeffmedic

Bronze
Sep 30, 2010
I agree they are all BY FAR the classiest looking. That's understated. The galaxy s3 looks like plastic crap. I would have liked a little bigger screen than it has. I just saw some concept phones that looked better (not the unrealistic ones).

I'm most likely ordering it this Saturday. I've been looking at other phones today and still like this one more. Just wasn't blown away like I was with the 4. Some of the concept ones blew me away. I'd post pics of the ones I'm thinking of but I'm on my iPad and I dunno how

Btw the iPad 3 is the bet thing ever

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I'm upgrading from my iPhone 4 so I am amped about the looks and specs. Realistically how much more of a redesign can they do to change the iPhone? We know the home button is unique to the iPhone so that probably isn't going anywhere and they weren't going crazy with a 5 inch display. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but have realistic expectations within the realm of what Apple does best. This will be the biggest preorder ever as usual and they will sell millions upon millions of phones and break every record as usual.

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
Yet another reason I'm staying with my 4s. The 5 looks nicer, but wasn't enough ummph for me to spend the upgrade fees on.
I agree with you brother..... Am also not changing at least for one year.

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I was hoping for something a little more, too. I just don't know exactly what. In years past, they've given us stuff that we didn't even know we wanted. This year, there was no major surprises. I'm still gonna upgrade like I do every year, no matter the cost, but it's not bc I love the new phone...it's bc I always want the newest. :) Plus, I've grow accustomed to iOS and my JBs.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Speaking of JB I wonder how long that will take.

Jeffmedic

Bronze
Sep 30, 2010
I changed my mind. I've been looking at this thing all day and I love it. I always loved my 4. It could look better but Im really loving the way it looks now. Gunna get extended Apple care this time and let it go naked. Too pretty not to

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I asked my missus about the iPhone 5 last night, and she said, I quote, "Hmm, I still want to look at other devices...". This is coming from a die hard iOS user (she fears change, too). What does that tell ya?

Now, having said all that, I think if I took her into an AT&T\Apple shop and let her feel and touch the iPhone 5, she may simply start talking another langauge. Just saying...