something that i need to share.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
i need an opinion.

i have a really good friend, carissa
i really like carissa, because she is maybe the nicest person i have ever met in my life, and she is just... amazing. and also, she is amazingly pretty, and has amazing eyes..

anyways, i met her in the beginning of the year, and then moved out of her class, because the teacher hated me, and then, around the middle of the year, i went out with this girl who i really liked, and then the relationship ended, and i fell into a depression. in about a month, when i was more or less back on my feet, i started talking carissa again, and then we started hanging out, and i realized i was in love with her. and i was sure it was love, rather than lust, because i had just been taught the difference between the two, on my arms.

later in the year, all my friends realized i really liked carissa and they urged me to ask her out, whcih i was terribly afraid to do, because although i thought that she liked me back, you can never be sure, but then i finally gathered the courage to do said task.

she said she would rather be "just friends" and.. all this you know already.

later, i fell into a deep depression and i once again, began cutting.
she couldnt figure out why, and i couldnt tell her it was because of her.

anyways, much later, we one got high together, and i was with her, and i found an edge razor in my wallet, and we sat on the bench, and the next thing i remember was her yelling my name and telling me to stop, and i looked upon my arm, and i had already carved i love car into my arm.

thats when i really hit bottom.

i began to miss a lot of classes, and i started drinking a lot, and smoking a lot too, and i simply couldnt imagine life any further. i basically fucked myself in english, math and physics, although i know all three of them better than most in those classes.

enter two excellent friends of mine...

tara is an outed lesbian, and she once told me that although she liked carissa, she wouldn't go for it, because she knew that that would completely destroy me.

Jillian is a past cutter, and between the three of us, (carissa, jillian and myself) we all swore to each other to not cut anymore, and i have kept that promise.

soon thereafter, tara went into rehab for drinking and blazing, and when she came back, she didn't tell me, and instead invited sasha to her house.

later that night, she IMs me, and im happy to talk to her, because ii haven't talked to her or seen her in a month, but she is solemn, for some reason, and says "Sam i have to tell you something"
my internet freezes up
and when i return, i say naturally sorry my internet died, and the first thing she says was
Sam im going out with carissa

that destroyed me completely.

i just sat there for about an hour, staring into the screen, watching crap come from her end, not being able to take it at all...

but i don't know what to do.

jillian is telling me to be happy for carissa, that carissa is finally happy, and i am happy for carissa but...

there is more.

Tara has had 5 different girlfriends in the past school years, and although she is one of my best friends, i know this for a fact - she uses people. and then she starts cheating on them. the last two girlfriends that she had were very close friends of mine, and tara cheated on BOTH of them, and tara repeated to me many times (with both of those other two girls that were my close friends) that this was it, she wouldn't do anything like that anymore, she would be committed this time... but nevertheless, the same crap continued....

i don't know what to do or say, i have written so many poems about my life, but the last 5 or 6 have been all about my depression.

and heres another thing that keeps reminding me of this.

everytime i log onto facebook, i see some message like "OMG ILY <333' from both of them to each other (those familiar with facebook will know what i mean) and i don't really feel anything anymore.

i dunno why i posted this.

but hey, if someone answers ill be happy..

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sam, you make Hayes' problems look downright elementary.

This is saying a lot.

My only advice is to stop glamorizing cutting (you know you're doing it, even if you think you aren't) and start being yourself.

You're smarter than all of this crap combined. Use that wisdom and get out of the hole.

p.s. - i missed you.

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
Hang in there, Sam. I've come to realize that sometimes s*** happens for a reason though we don't always understand it. I've dealt with stuff that was too painful as well but I can tell you from experience, it DOES get better even if it sounds utterly cliche'd. Hugs if you want 'em.

I realized at my age, its not worth the pain and depression of falling in love... Honestly, we have a lot of time for that... But right now... We should just have fun and live life... YOU need to focus on what matters... EDUCATION,TRUE FRIENDS,AND FAMILY...and most importantly, YOURSELF... there's someone out there for you... I'm sure you're a great and intelligent guy... And you deserve someone who will appreciate you for you... And one day you will find her without even looking

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Sam, I'm sorry for what you are going through, but please stop cutting, I know it's hard to deal sometimes, life can suck sometimes, my beautiful 25 year old cousin was murdered by some loser for no good reason, someone shot my cat for no good reason, someone left me years ago for no good reason, if I gave in to all that hurt I wouldn't be here today. Trust me from personal experience, the bad things we go through later on down the road will make us stronger, you grow from those experiences. Life can suck yes, but then something beautiful comes walking in when you least expect it and then you have to think, geez what was I thinking when I wanted to give up on life, I wouldn't be in this awesome situation You might not relate to this yet but trust me one day you can look into a little babies eyes that maybe part of you and be so amazed at the beauty life has too, there is good out of life along side the bad. So have some hope Sam. One day you will see, you are young, I know you probably think its easy for me to say this to you while you are feeling like hell but trust me please, I have been to hell too, life will get better. Keep that hope. And sometimes be careful who you have as friends, if it causes negativity in your life, they are not worth it. I wish you the best. But please stop cutting it won't solve anything. It's hard to roll through the punches of life sometimes but you gotta try cause you don't know what awesomeness can be just around the corner.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Sam,

Nothing we say can take the hurt away. As parents, we try to anticipate the hurt that can become our children. Unfortunately, we can't prepare for every contingency. In the end, we have to let our loved ones get hurt, learn from the experiences, and get them back up again.

The cycle never stops. Even as adults. It is the nature of being a human. But, don't let pain or fear of rejection harden your emotions. Learn to recognize your strenghths and shore up your weaknesses.

Your greatest strength is your ability to make friends and communicate. Never leave pain or anger bottled up. I hope you will know that there are many "strangers" here in this forum who would like nothing else than to call you their friend.

Me included.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Plus one to everything said above. Sam, you do need to stop cutting; this will definitely help greatly; just be yourself. You need to move on and find the one person that is for you, even if you can't find them right now. Like Dave said, you're smarter than this. You can get out of it. Hang in there.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Sam, you make Hayes' problems look downright elementary.

This is saying a lot.

My only advice is to stop glamorizing cutting (you know you're doing it, even if you think you aren't) and start being yourself.

You're smarter than all of this crap combined. Use that wisdom and get out of the hole.

p.s. - i missed you.
Ditto...I was gonna write basically the same thing (especially the part about Hayes:p)
Sam, my brother, you really need to talk to someone professionally. I hate to see you harm yourself like that---your compulsion is overriding your intelligence! Find some positive influences to get you into 'happy' mode.
I know you'll find a way out of hole, I have faith in you.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Hey man everything happens for a reason
good thing you didn't start dating this girl
she's a lesbian or bi
thats cool when when your partying at mardi gras
but trying to settle down with a girl like that
can't end well
you deserve better than that
Sam,

Remember everything iCafe said to a tee. Man you are young and there are many girls out there. You will find the girl that is right for you. Although you may think you know the one that is right for you right now, you are probably wrong. Trust me. Old man here. Lots and lots and lots of experience. Enjoy being yourself, being free, having fun, and testing the waters. You don't have to become an ass like I was for most of my 20's, but never ever let yourself get so emotionally involved with someone that your happiness absolutely depends on them being with you. There are so many things to be happy for in life and there are so many people that you can find to share that happiness with.

Take care of yourself, and if you got crap you need to get out of your head we are always here.

-Jason

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Ditto...I was gonna write basically the same thing (especially the part about Hayes:p)
Sam, my brother, you really need to talk to someone professionally. I hate to see you harm yourself like that---your compulsion is overriding your intelligence! Find some positive influences to get you into 'happy' mode.
I know you'll find a way out of hole, I have faith in you.
From what I read he's trying to find a way into the hole.

j/k Sam, listen to Jack, he is OLD and wise.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I realized at my age, its not worth the pain and depression of falling in love... Honestly, we have a lot of time for that... But right now... We should just have fun and live life... YOU need to focus on what matters... EDUCATION,TRUE FRIENDS,AND FAMILY...and most importantly, YOURSELF... there's someone out there for you... I'm sure you're a great and intelligent guy... And you deserve someone who will appreciate you for you... And one day you will find her without even looking
Very, very wise words! I've looked at this post a few times, because I like Sam and hate hearing the things in the original post, and thought about what I might say that was worthwhile or helpful - and came up with ... nada.

I think you're quite young yourself free2rhyme, but now I think you're the poster girl for 'wise beyond your years' !

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I have nothing to add but simply want to offer my support, Sam. Just keep hanging in there. As for the cutting, it's as destructive emotionally as it is physically; I'm sure you know this. Keep pushing through, you can kick this. Sending hugs your way.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Sorry to hear this. You might want to get professional help from a psychiatrist, maybe anti-depressants? Just be sure to not mix them with alcohol, and make fair use of them though. Good luck.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
whatever dude. Grow up. Its HER loss! You are the man. She is one of many that you should have fun/experiences with. I was drinking beers when you were born(and proberly a whole lot more, too). I'm here to tell you that as time passes you'll be lucky if you even can remember her last name. Puppy love is cute... But it aint real life. You are an extremely intelligent young man and I can assure you that your life will fufill your craziest expectations! Keep strong and trudge ahead into the realm of life.
this should be considered a Life Lesson.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Life is full of situations that seem terrible, but are actually great opportunities.

2 of your girl friends are having sex with each other!

In the future, you may not remember some random crush, but...
You Will Always Remember Your First Threesome!

Get to work!

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Dude, that is the deepest stuff I have ever seen on any forum. F**k I'm even nearly in tears lol. My friend used to cut herself a lot, and it was awful to see her come in to school with a sweat band on her wrist because we would all know what it meant.

FFS, man! Just pull yourself together! Stop feeling sorry for yourself and move on! Do you even know if she still likes guys? Do what's easy, and be depressed and useless, or do what's right, accept that they're an item, and continue with your life. Get help! I know it is hard for you, and you don't want to, but tell someone about your cutting, before someone finds out for themselves.

I'm saying this, because I consider you as a friend, as I hope you do me, and I've missed you round here, as have most. You're an intelligent guy, and we all know that you can get through this, but you need to know. You've fallen into a ditch, so now climb back out and keep on going!

Please help yourself, Sam!
All the new people on here need to know how to jailbreak! :p

Good Luck Sam.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Life is full of situations that seem terrible, but are actually great opportunities.

2 of your girl friends are having sex with each other!

In the future, you may not remember some random crush, but...
You Will Always Remember Your First Threesome!

Get to work!
LMAO! haha I think I just woke everybody in my house up :)