something wrong with AT&T?

xenion

Jan 7, 2009
ok i have full 3g service and i used my brothers blackberry storm to test it out.. i send my self a text and i don't even receive it.. i did it twice and this isn't the only time thats happened.. my friends like yo why don't you answer my text im like i didn't get it so wth?

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
try power cycling your iPhone.. power off, count to twenty, and power on.. its like a computer..gotta reset every now and again.. As with any gsm phone.

xenion

Jan 7, 2009
try power cycling your iPhone.. power off, count to twenty, and power on.. its like a computer..gotta reset every now and again.. As with any gsm phone.
i restarted my phone this morning.. everyday i do it

xenion

Jan 7, 2009
im guessing thats a disadvantage right for gsm vs ev do?

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
not really.. both technologies rely on a signal from a nearby tower.. power cycling is beneficial for ANY cell phone and any technology

xenion

Jan 7, 2009
not really.. both technologies rely on a signal from a nearby tower.. power cycling is beneficial for ANY cell phone and any technology
i know like but this isn't the 1st time this happened and i restart my phone every day to get a fresh signal and to clear up the memory on the phone.. maybe it does happen on verizon and sprint i just haven't seen it yet

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Friend of mine had this problem this weekend. Had to go to ATT store to get a new sim card.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I had a problem with not receiving calls even though I had 5 bars. A power cycle fixed it though.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Take your sim out and clean off the gold metal parts reinstall and see if it fixed the issue. If not go to AT&T and they will give you another sim.

Plastikfear

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Somewhere over the rainbow
This happens to me too a lot. It never happened with any of my other phones, just the iPhone 3G so I am pretty sure is due to a mix of both network + phone issues.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
anyone having problems accessing the internet and apps that run on the net today. Im running 3g but no luck to get anything to work