Song don't play in order (or play at all)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sbrainb

Aug 13, 2007
I don't know if this has been addressed as yet, but I seem to be having a couple of problems with the ipod part of the iPhone. When I am playing an album, the songs do not play in order. This happens on pretty much every single album I try to play. I'll start playing the first song and then it skips around randomly (and it's not on shuffle).
The other problem is that there are a couple of tracks that have worked fine in iTunes *and* on my old 20Gb ipod, but will not play at all on the iPhone.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?

Thanks in advance.

-sb

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
You are absolutely sure it is not in shuffle? When I go to any full album in my album list and play it, it plays in order unless it is in shuffle. If you are positive you are not playing in shuffle mode I don't know what to tell you. You might need to contact Apple support, after you further investigate your problem, of course.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I don't know if this has been addressed as yet, but I seem to be having a couple of problems with the ipod part of the iPhone. When I am playing an album, the songs do not play in order. This happens on pretty much every single album I try to play. I'll start playing the first song and then it skips around randomly (and it's not on shuffle).
The other problem is that there are a couple of tracks that have worked fine in iTunes *and* on my old 20Gb ipod, but will not play at all on the iPhone.

Thanks in advance.

-sb
You have to have track numbers assigned to each track for the ipod to keep track of the order.

in iTunes right click the track and choose 'get info' (maybe properties on a pc). The mp3 tag info should contain the track number. Try adding the track numbers for a whole album then re-sync. See if it plays in order then.

Mine always play in order and I have track numbers on all my songs.

Give it a try. Report back your results as others are having the same issue.

iCop

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Tucson, AZ.
You are absolutely sure it is not in shuffle? When I go to any full album in my album list and play it, it plays in order unless it is in shuffle. If you are positive you are not playing in shuffle mode I don't know what to tell you. You might need to contact Apple support, after you further investigate your problem, of course.
Perhaps I am a tard, but I can't figure out how to take it off shuffle. Its been driving me nuts because I have a ton of "phone taps" podcasts and want them in order, but i can't friggin do it.

sbrainb

Aug 13, 2007
The songs are *listed* on the iPhone in order, but they just don't *play* in order.

Also, I'm still stumped about certain songs not playing at all on the iPhone, when they *do* play on my regular ipod and in iTunes.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Perhaps I am a tard, but I can't figure out how to take it off shuffle. Its been driving me nuts because I have a ton of "phone taps" podcasts and want them in order, but i can't friggin do it.
If you go to the iPod>Albums>Pick a full album and touch it>pick the first song and it will go to play. touch the album cover once and it will bring up a slide bar. on the left of that bar is repeat album/repeat song/off button. on the right of that bar is a shuffle on/off button. when you press it blue is "on", white is "off" Any problems just let me know.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
The songs are *listed* on the iPhone in order, but they just don't *play* in order.

Also, I'm still stumped about certain songs not playing at all on the iPhone, when they *do* play on my regular ipod and in iTunes.
? You select the song to play and nothing plays?

bonda02

Oct 4, 2007

Thanks in advance.

-sb
The tracks that do not play on your phone are probably mp3 format. use iTunes to convert to AAC to solve your problem.

bonda02

Oct 4, 2007
that should have nothing to do with why they wont play. i have a couple albums that are in mp3 format and tehy play perfectly fine. i have absolutely nothing wrong with any of my songs
I have mp3 songs as well that play fine on the iPhone. All I am saying is the occasional song that I have come across that did not play on the phone started working when I converted them to AAC. I am glad that you do not have any problems with your phone, however, there are quite a few people who are having similar problems.