Run For the Roses - Dan Fogelberg

Since today is the Kentucky Derby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I just love watching this video. It's so relaxing, almost hypnotizing. I love watching the subtle interactions between Jack and Merlo as they perform this song.

Jack Johnson - “Adrift”

Last edited:

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Who sang it best?
I'm voting for the original version since it's near and dear to me from my youth. However, I am moved to tears by the cover version. Not to compare this song to NIN's Hurt, but you couldn't have the sweet cover without the original. Nice post ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm voting for the original version since it's near and dear to me from my youth. However, I am moved to tears by the cover version. Not to compare this song to NIN's Hurt, but you couldn't have the sweet cover without the original. Nice post ;)
Agreed. I heard the country version for the first time today in The Leftovers and felt the same.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Who sang it best?

I love the cinematography of the second video. And I loved at 3:39 when he suddenly raised his voice—I think I felt a chill going through my body. I’m guessing that this is probably the part that moved @Kadelic to tears.

As to who sang it best, overall, I’m leaning towards the original, but it was neck and neck.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
All I want to do is fly to Anchorage sometime this month or next, hike to the top of Flattop and listen to this song while drinking a beer next to a campfire under the midnight dusk light.

Can you relate?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Heard this on the radio this morning. I liked the song well enough on its own merit, but it came with a bonus as well: It reminded me of one of my favorite lines from the movie Kill Bill where Copperhead suggests that Black Mamba meet to settle their differences. "There's a baseball diamond where I coach Little League about a mile from here. We meet there around two-thirty in the morning dressed all in black. Your hair in a black stocking. And we have us a knife fight." :)

Thelma and the Sleaze - Knife Fight

http://thelmaandthesleaze.bandcamp.com/track/knife-fight

The scene from Kill Bill (NSFW LANGUAGE)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
!!!NSFW!!!

Ice T - Cop Killer

Considering the timing of this post, I don't see how it can be seen as anything other than a statement supporting cop killing. I don't see last night's events in Dallas as justice or getting even; I see it as terrorism. Those cops who were killed last night didn't kill anyone. We definitely have a problem with trigger-happy cops killing innocent people and it needs to be stopped, but assassinating random police officers only sets back the cause. All white cops aren't racist killers. Demonizing police officers won't solve this problem. I'm grieving the loss of the two innocent men as well as the Dallas police officers. I don't see them as mutually exclusive ideas. Peaceful protests are fine, but filling your heart with hate to the point of supporting cop killing will only make things worse.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Delete my post if you like, not that y'all need my permission. Sorry that I offended/disappointed.