Song of the Day

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Considering the timing of this post, I don't see how it can be seen as anything other than a statement supporting cop killing. I don't see last night's events in Dallas as justice or getting even; I see it as terrorism. Those cops who were killed last night didn't kill anyone. We definitely have a problem with trigger-happy cops killing innocent people and it needs to be stopped, but assassinating random police officers only sets back the cause. All white cops aren't racist killers. Demonizing police officers won't solve this problem. I'm grieving the loss of the two innocent men as well as the Dallas police officers. I don't see them as mutually exclusive ideas. Peaceful protests are fine, but filling your heart with hate to the point of supporting cop killing will only make things worse.
That's not the statement I'm making by any means. I agree that the events in Dallas, where I live, were not justice at all but an act of terrorism. I do not support cop killing by any means, or killing at all for that matter. The song is about 25 years old, FWIW, I saw Ice T perform it live at the 1st Lollapalooza in 1991. Ironically, or not, Ice T has gone on to play cops as an actor. Was he sincere about the sentiments portrayed in the cop killer song, or was he, as an artist, expressing the frustration of the people in his environment? Who knows? Who cares? I thought the song was relevant in that it reflects, justified or not, the feelings that many have toward law enforcement.

Anyway, I apologize again for offending and disappointing anyone. I know eic is not the place to try to make social commentary. I'll try to refrain from doing so in the future. :)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Maybe this will help get the bad taste out of your mouth.

Beastie Boys - Finger Lickin' Good

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Wow, very mature of you. :confused:

One day you might just have to dial 911 because you need their help.
Thanks. :rolleyes:

And I won't hesitate. Why you think posting a song means I mirror its sentiments is beyond me. I fully support my local Sheriff and PD. Doesn't mean the song doesn't have relevance.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I’m watching The Beach (2000) for, oh, probably the fourth or fifth time.

I still think its soundtrack is one of the best movie soundtracks ever.

Sugar Ray - “Spinning Away”

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thread temporarily locked due to the influx of incivility. We don't have time to babysit right now. It's Saturday. May I suggest going outside and enjoying a few craft beers and some BBQ, maybe even go for a hike to blow off some steam.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Post deleted. The next member to try stirring the pot regarding the drama in this thread from last week will be getting an extended vacation from eiC. I'm not fooling around any more. Grow up or get out.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Me too, for stirring the pot yesterday.

Justin Utley - "The Apology (Wherever You Are)"

Oops, that was a tad more gay than it needed to be, hehe.