song purchased

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KTran

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
TX
so i bought a song from iTunes on da iPhone.
now, how do i make it a ringtone?
was i suppose to buy one that had a bell icon? if so, iPhone doesn't display that symbol.
i don't want to deal with mods or apps. but i dun mind altering the song.

any help?

also,
i made a purchase on iTunes from desktop. supposedly it downloaded after entering billing information.
i can't find it. i checked the "check for purchases" tab and it says completed.
where da heck is it?!?!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Have you tried synching your iPhone with iTunes after the mobile purchase? After you synch the song should automatically be transferred into your "Purchased" tab on iTunes. From there you can look and see if there is in fact a ringtone icon available for that song.

SoccerSpartan20

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
ringtone wont play on phone?

Have you tried synching your iPhone with iTunes after the mobile purchase? After you synch the song should automatically be transferred into your "Purchased" tab on iTunes. From there you can look and see if there is in fact a ringtone icon available for that song.
i purchased a song on iTunes, made a ringtone out of it using iTunes, and then synced my phone.... the ringtone plays in iTunes and it shows up in my Sounds folder on my iPhone, but the song doesn't play on my iPhone? this seems really strange... anybody know why or how to fix it?

KTran

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
TX
youngbinks

Yes I have synced my phone
unfortunately I didn't notice a ringtone icon at all.
So basically I have a song only to listen to huh ? Oh well. Ninety nine cents well spent...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
youngbinks

Yes I have synced my phone
unfortunately I didn't notice a ringtone icon at all.
So basically I have a song only to listen to huh ? Oh well. Ninety nine cents well spent...

Well as of yet only a small percentage of iTunes songs are available to be made into ringtones, so hopefully in the coming weeks your song will have the option to be made into a ringtone, for $0.99 that is :laugh2:.