Song volumes setting

iUser

Dec 4, 2006
Can anyone help me in solving this issue
Here it goes:I have my library of songs on iTunes and some of the songs (especially some that were ripped from older cds) play at a lower volume than others. Is there a way to assign EQ settings to songs on an individual basis? Is there a mp3 equalizer anywhere out there that shows decibel levels so I can standardize the volume of all my mp3s?

nynex

Mar 15, 2007
Kansas City, MO
Yes. In iTunes you can right click on a song (yes, I use Windows but I'm helping out so please ignore that) and go to "Get Info" then to the Options tab. There you can adjust the volume. You can do this per song, or highlight a lot of songs (a whole album of them for example) and do the same thing for them all at once.

Enjoy!

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Can anyone help me in solving this issue
Here it goes:I have my library of songs on iTunes and some of the songs (especially some that were ripped from older cds) play at a lower volume than others. Is there a way to assign EQ settings to songs on an individual basis? Is there a mp3 equalizer anywhere out there that shows decibel levels so I can standardize the volume of all my mp3s?
Sorry, late to the thread. You can also enable SoundCheck (under Prefs > Playback) which tries to equalize listening volumes. There are also 3rd party solutions like iVolume or Volume Logic for you to look into.

-K

Jun 3, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
When the sound check is ON and while updating the library it will check the volume for the newly added songs.. so it may take some time.

RyanP

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
New question - old topic (Song Volume)

I burned my first cd of purchased iTunes songs yesterday (so far just listened right off the iPhone), and in my car I have to turn the volume up several notches past where I normally keep it to hear the cd well.

I know there are the volume settings, and I guess I will adjust those, but I currently use Sound Check to let iTunes make it all the same across the library. So my question is this: can I adjust the setting on Sound Check to have it equalize the volume of all songs at a higher level? Thanks!