Songs from iPod to iPhone?

1. iPhoneObsessed

iPhoneObsessed New Member
    Bronze

I'm really new to getting around iTunes.. I only have a nano now and I know how to put songs on it and that's all, lol.

So, is there a way to transfer songs from my iPod to my iPhone? I've been poking around on there and I can't figure out how. A lot of music on my nano is not on my computer or iTunes. My old computer died and I had a lot of my music on my nano, thankfully.

So, any help would be welcome... and if I'm retarded and there's no way to do it please let me know, lol. :)

2. BoxKrait

BoxKrait New Member
    Bronze

Not sure about the new versions of iTunes, but I had a similar debacle.

When I plugged my ipod, full of music, into my freshly formatted computer a pop-up popped up saying that this ipod belonged to a different computer.

Not sure what else it said, but after that it brought up the ipod settings menu, where I made sure manual sync was checked.

Then I dragged and dropped all the songs from my ipod to my iTunes library.

Worked just fine on my pc and my laptop.

Then you could plug in your second ipod and sync the songs over.

Gluck.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. wjp09

wjp09 Zealot
    Bronze

I think the ipod still has HOST abilities but it is masked by Apple. I saw a while back a tutorial on how to take ipod songs and put them on your pc. I will look for you.

5. ericsinsideout

Gold

I just use winamp, it does everything from play music from the external source to copying it off to the computer to putting it on your ipod/iPhone

6. Johnon

Johnon New Member

Hi wjp09, you helps me a lot. Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  7. Sweetcheeks54

Sweetcheeks54 New Member

LukeSkywalker.... Does the above solution work if I want to transfer music from my ipod into my iPhone?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  8. ericsinsideout

Gold

I'm not sure who you're referring to as "LukeSkywalker", but I'll make this simple for everyone.

If you want to copy music from your ipod to your iPhone, you need to first copy the music to your computer. There's tons of different programs to do this with, I've used Winamp, iPod Access for Windows (I believe there's a mac version too) and a few other's I've forgotten the names of. Try using google to find a free one or just Torrent the one you want.

Follow the instructions for whichever program you chose to copy the music off your ipod, your friend's ipod, your dog's ipod, who ever's ipod you have. Make sure you put it in a location you can find. Load your new music library into iTunes, plug in your iPhone, add the tunes to your iPhone, done.

9. Sandeep Senggutuvan

Sandeep Senggutuvan New Member

For mac you can transfer music from your Nano to your PC using senuti or deTune (i think both of them have if not the same - at least very similar features). Once on your PC, you can easily add the tracks back to your iPhone via iTunes.

10. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Even though it's an old post being brought back to life, I'll chime in.
    Another good program users have mentioned around here is SharePod. Will pull songs off and let you put them on computer.

11. Some "backupper" software can do it - backup your iPod data and then transfer songs to iTunes.