Songs skipping or ending abruptly on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. While listening to songs on my iPhone at the gym I notice that there are several (of the nearly 800 songs on it) that seem to end abruptly and then the next song begins? All the songs play normally in both my ipod and my iTunes on my Mac. The VAST majority of songs play normally with no prob. Just wondering what the cause and fix might be? Thanks :cool:

rhone

Jul 31, 2007
I have the same problem, even before the 1.1.1 download. I haven't tried restoring yet; any help is greatly appreciated.

Aug 28, 2007
yes there one song i got on the iTunes store

Dr Dre - Still Dre, it cuts off a minute before the song is supposed to end...

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. While listening to songs on my iPhone at the gym I notice that there are several (of the nearly 800 songs on it) that seem to end abruptly and then the next song begins? All the songs play normally in both my ipod and my iTunes on my Mac. The VAST majority of songs play normally with no prob. Just wondering what the cause and fix might be? Thanks :cool:
Though these phones are really resistant to movement, it's possible it's because the drive is moving too much during your work outs. If it happens when it's not moving also, then I would take it back to Apple.

Just let them know that you have tried restores with no luck, and the issue has been ongoing. They should swap it out for a brand new one.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
This happens to me too ... I thought i was going crazy ... do you think this is a bug in the software ?

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
I think if I just 'restore' the phone and upload everything to it again it may fix the prob. I haven't wanted to bother with that yet but I may have too. I don't think it's anything with the iPhone I think it has to do with either iTunes or a glitch when a particular song was uploading to the iPhone.

Oct 30, 2007
Staten Island N.Y.
This happened to me today and i just deleted all the songs and video's off the phone by unchecking my iPhone playlist then syncing. Then checked the playlist again and synced the phone. Works perfectly

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
I hate to boost such and old thread, but my phone is doing this and a restore and is not fixing the issue. It seems to do it on about half to three quarters of the songs. I really do not want to have to drive the distance to the Apple Store to have a genius look at it. Anyone else have any ideas.

BTW my phone is natural, no Jailbreak.

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
Do the songs plan in their entirety on your computer? If so I'm not sure what to do. Mine played normally on my macbook but a few ended abruptly on my iPhone. It was only a few songs. A restore didn't seem to help so I had to end up deleting the few songs and then reload them. I think someone said if you contact iTunes they can credit you too. Good Luck

I hate to boost such and old thread, but my phone is doing this and a restore and is not fixing the issue. It seems to do it on about half to three quarters of the songs. I really do not want to have to drive the distance to the Apple Store to have a genius look at it. Anyone else have any ideas.

BTW my phone is natural, no Jailbreak.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Yes everything plays fine on my comp with iTunes. It will not play partial songs, it will only show the title of the song it wants to play, and the cover of that album (or sometimes another album entirely). Then it moves to the next song. It is like it cannot find the file. It is not every song on one album either. It seems that it is totally random. Not random that it will play one time and then not the next. It seems to be the file locating process or something, because the songs are taking up HD space. Very strange.