Songza

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by JWiPhone, Aug 26, 2014.

1. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I downloaded a few days ago and really like this. The free version does have ads but the audio ads are not that intrusive and kept to a minimum. It is quite unique in that it detects the time of day you are at and allows you to select styles of music accordingly. You can also select according to decade, activities, moods, genres. It has a wide selection of music.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/songza/id453111583?mt=8

#1 JWiPhone, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'm a big fan of Songza. We use it with Sonos, which is remarkably ad-free. Some of the playlists can be repetitive, but they are all very good. Some of our favorites are Acoustic Covers and lately, Summer Hits of 2014. I find the moods are better than Beats, which uses "The Sentence" for a similar list.

If you use Songza with a Chromecast, it outputs really nice graphics on your TV. We did this for the first time over the weekend and were impressed. Great way to bring music to a friend's house.

It should be noted that Google recently bought Songza, so who knows what will come of the service.

#2 chris, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  3. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Thanks for the information on this Chris. I wasn't aware of Chromecast. I will have to look into that. I hope Google'a acquisition doesn't mess things up, but we know how that goes.