Sonic the Hedgehog!

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
SEGA have finally released another game for the iPhone and this is their best yet. I kid you not when I say it is the EXACT same game as Sonic 1 for the Sega Mega Drive, the EXACT same graphics and EXACT same music. Completely amazing. A few frame rate issues but other than that, for £3.49 or $5.99 it's a steal. Check it out here -

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
AWESOME! loved this game, hope the full series is released!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
they don't like selling these game cheap do they. If they sold all games cheaper they would probably make more money in the long run as more people would purchase them.

(by the way- i'm downloading sonic right now)

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I think its got a low frame rate, its a little buggy when more than 1 character is on screen, hopefully this can be imporved and this would would be great.

Id love to see the whole series for a package price, that would be sweet

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
In the original, you couldn't save. You had to start from the beginning each time you played. Is it like this in the phone version? If so, it would sure be nice if a save function could be added.

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
I have noticed that it is buggy. Frame rate bogs down hard when you get hit and your rings go flying everywhere. From what I've noticed while playing, it helps if you turn the sound off. I hate doing that because I like the sound.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm in for $6. Gameplay seems pretty good to me. I did notice the slow down, but figured it was a result of Sonic getting hit. Might still processing, but here's my quick video to give you an idea of the gameplay. Yeah, I'm terrible. Focusing on a steady hand always affects gameplay.

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
Do you think we can expect a slew of original NES games next? I mean you can already get them if you are jailbroken, but one would think Nintendo Co. would make a killing on this platform.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Do you think we can expect a slew of original NES games next? I mean you can already get them if you are jailbroken, but one would think Nintendo Co. would make a killing on this platform.
Probably has something to do with their reluctance to create a competitor to the Nintendo DS. I agree, they'd capture a new audience. Donkey Kong Jr and the like would be all kinds of awesome.

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
I don't think we would see any Nintendo games on a platform like the iPhone. Its the same reason you wouldn't find a Mario game or Zelda game on X-Box. Nintendo wants you to buy their hardware to play their games.

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
I'm in for $6. Gameplay seems pretty good to me. I did notice the slow down, but figured it was a result of Sonic getting hit. Might still processing, but here's my quick video to give you an idea of the gameplay. Yeah, I'm terrible. Focusing on a steady hand always affects gameplay.

I did post a video in my first post.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I did an app store preview of sonic for the site, so figured it wouldn't hurt to include the video from the post in the forum topic.

Chris

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
OK.... Sonic is starting to bother me now. Every time any decent amount of action is going on in one frame, the game almost slows to a halt. I've tried re-starting and turning the phone on/off, but nothing has worked. Makes for a difficult game play. I sure hope that they fix this....

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
This game is FULL of bugs. I have gotten freeze ups, massive frame rate slow downs, spastic music, crashes, and random restarts. What in the hell is this Sega? I think one of the mechanical monkeys from the game was working on this release.

VIPERxGTx2000

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
This game is FULL of bugs. I have gotten freeze ups, massive frame rate slow downs, spastic music, crashes, and random restarts. What in the hell is this Sega? I think one of the mechanical monkeys from the game was working on this release.
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator: