Sony car stereo not reading iPhone eat

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tonynlia, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Tonynlia

Tonynlia Member
    Bronze

Hope somebody can help.
    I used to be able to plug my iPhone 4 into my car stereo using its USB connection, but now the car stereo just has READ flashing on it. It does not start to play my music, I use USB Rather than Aux because It also charges my iPhone (I also use my phone as a satnav) another thing that happens it when I unplug the e phone from the car stereo is that it stops any external sound until I go to sound settings and tap on any sound , the external sounds then work. I could use Bluetooth to play my iPhone songs but I cannot scroll through my albums on the stereo that way. Any help appreciated.

2. Tonynlia

Tonynlia Member
    Bronze

Ps
    My iPhone is jailbroken , but it still used to work after jailbreak

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. Turn off the iPhone
    2. With the Sony head unit turned on, connect the iPhone to the stereo via USB
    3. Allow the iPhone to boot up and the phone and the head unit should successfuly interface

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I had that happening on my bimmer a lot, usually a hard reset would fix that. It could also be a problem with the stereo, try plugging in somebody else's iPod/iPhone to see if you encounter the same problem. Is it a factory brand stereo?

Edit: nevermind the last part, forgot its a Sony.

5. Tonynlia

Tonynlia Member
    Bronze

Thanks every one ,I will try that in the morning and see how it goes