Soo....help me out here...will i be eligible for the cheap price?

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I sold my iPhone before the announcement. I switched to an ATT Tilt but did not sign a contract. I got v1 when it was released. If I return my ATT Tilt before the 30 days and ask to switch back to my old contract, will I get the iPhone owners advantages? I know a lot of this is speculation but are we ever going to know, or are we going to find out when we walk in the store that day?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If you did not sign a contract when you got your tilt, then you are still on the iPhone plan. You should be ok, but it really depends on the stipulations put on the phone by AT&T and Apple.
If you are not on the iPhone plan, then you are on a new contract ( you would have to be) and I don't think you are eligible for the upgrade

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
If you did not sign a contract when you got your tilt, then you are still on the iPhone plan. You should be ok, but it really depends on the stipulations put on the phone by AT&T and Apple.
If you are not on the iPhone plan, then you are on a new contract ( you would have to be) and I don't think you are eligible for the upgrade
But I can't ask them, when I return it, to put me back on my old iPhone plan like nothing ever happened?

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
But I can't ask them, when I return it, to put me back on my old iPhone plan like nothing ever happened?
Have you always been on your iPhone plan? In order to get on some other AT&T plan, you either signed a new contract or you paid the early termination fee of $175. If you haven't done either of these things, you should still be on the iPhone plan.

If you somehow got off your iPhone plan, you can't just ask them to put you back on it at this point.

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Have you always been on your iPhone plan? In order to get on some other AT&T plan, you either signed a new contract or you paid the early termination fee of $175. If you haven't done either of these things, you should still be on the iPhone plan.

If you somehow got off your iPhone plan, you can't just ask them to put you back on it at this point.
No that is incorrect I think. I did not sign a new contract, I paid the full price but they had to change my rates per month. So when I return it I can tell them to put me back on the iPhone plan correct?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
No that is incorrect I think. I did not sign a new contract, I paid the full price but they had to change my rates per month. So when I return it I can tell them to put me back on the iPhone plan correct?
You're going to have to ask them. IF you didn't get a discount price for the Tilt, then you might still be eligible for an upgrade price.