Sorry if this is a stupid question about MacBook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Muckcityjustin, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I just recently got a new Macbook pro and I know it comes with the 1 year limited warranty. Do I have till almost that is up to purchase Applecare?

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Yes, I believe you can purchase AppleCare for your MBP at any time during the original one year warranty. When I bought mine almost two years ago I waited about 10 months before I bought AppleCare. I'm pretty sure their policy is still the same.

From their web site:

"Important notes

The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your Mac or Apple display is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty. See AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete product details."

http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

3. Muckcityjustin

Gold

That's what I thought but wasn't positive. Thanks!

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

5. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Yeah and actually when it gets near the end date of the warranty Apple contacted me through email about extending it through AppleCare. I want to say it was about a month till it expired.

6. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I figured this is about when i will add Applecare. I definitely want to do it .

7. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Applecare is nice, but I've owned two dozen or more Mac desktop and laptop machines since the late 80's and have nothing go wrong post warranty period other than a power supply for a G3 desktop. Easy and cheap fix.