(sort of) get MMS on iPhone 3G 3.0... but not really

Jun 12, 2009
THIS WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO GET THE MMS ICON ON YOUR iPhone...EVEN THOUGH ATT STILL doesn't SUPPORT IT :(...BUT THIS WILL DO THE TRICK

THIS YOU NEED ?

1.iPhone
2.OLD ATT PHONE
3.SIM EJECTOR

OK FOLLOW THIS

1.GET YOUR iPhone AND SIMPLY EJECT THE SIM CARD

2.PUT YOUR iPhone SIM CARD ON YOUR OLD ATT PHONE(MAKE SURE ITS ATT OR IT WILL NOT WORK..THIS IS NOT A HACK OR ANYTHING..THIS IS NORMAL)

3.ONCE YOU HAVE INPUTED YOUR iPhone SIM CARD UNTO YOUR OLD ATT PHONE...DO SOMETHING LIKE...SEND A TEXT...OR MAKE A CALL OR GO TO THE INTERNET...DO SOMETHING THAT WILL MAKE ATT KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOW USING YOUR OLD ATT PHONE INSTEAD OF YOUR iPhone(CHECK ON YOUR WIRELESS ACCOUNT JUST TO BE SURE...IF IT SHOWS THE iPhone PICTURE THEN CHANGE IT TO YOUR OLD ATT PHONE PICTURE

4.ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THIS GO TO THIS LINK

https://mymedianet.wireless.att.com/

ON THIS LINK JUST PUT IN YOUR PHONE NUMBER..ONCE YOU HAVE PUT IN YOUR PHONE NUMBER IT WILL ASK YOU TO PUT IN A PASSCODE..THE PASSCODE YOU SHOULD GET IT AS SOON AS YOU PUT IN YOUR PHONE NUMBER...ITS A 4 DIGIT CODE...WHEN YOU PUT IN YOUR 4 DIGIT CODE...YOU WILL GET AN EMAIL CONFIRMING YOUR ACTIVATION...

5.THATS IT..JUST SIMPLY TAKE OUT YOUR iPhone SIM CARD OUT OF YOUR OLD ATT PHONE AND PUT IT BACK ON YOUR iPhone AND GIVE YOUR iPhone A QUICK REBOOT..AND YOUR iPhone SHOULD HAVE THE MMS ICON...

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS JUST PUT IT HERE...ALL IM ASKING IN RETURN IS YOUR THANKS...BYE GUYS MR.REGGAETON72 OUT

PS..BELOW I HAVE SOME PICTURES THAT I TOOK RIGHT NOW JUST TO SHOW YOU GUYS THAT THIS WORKS..PEACE OUT

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I don't doubt you because I've had MMS working since beta 4 but why don't you post pics of the picture actually sent? :)

Jun 12, 2009
i would gladly post the pictures sent :)...but the thing is that ATT still doesn't support it :(..i just posted this to show how to get the MMS icon:p...but when i try sending it was sending...but then it said error:(

Jun 12, 2009
but when you updated to 3.0 GM seed it doesn't show the MMS icon...this is to get the icon back...and it does shows that the picture is sending...but its not because ATT still doesn't support it :(

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
The CAPSLOCK hurts my eyes. Anyway this was posted before on one of the betas.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
fyi....Ive done these steps in completion and the media net web site wants me to change my plan from an iPhone data plan to a media net plan. I've done that too and yes MMS works but my visual voicemail doesn't work because the media net plan doesn't support the iPhone's visual voicemail. it states The phone with this wireless number is not supported by My MEdia Net. Please check the number entered or you can visit att.net

Jun 12, 2009
well then im sorry bro :(...then there most be something wrong with your iPhone or service idk....because my MMS icon is there AND i can use my visual voicemail...i went to my VOICEMAIL and it was working perfectly...sorry if anything happened :(

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
but when you updated to 3.0 GM seed it doesn't show the MMS icon...this is to get the icon back...and it does shows that the picture is sending...but its not because ATT still doesn't support it :(
That's a lot of runaround work just to get the MMS icon to show up when you can't even send any pictures! I would tell people to just wait if it doesn't work now.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

dl4

Aug 29, 2009
if you did then how did you

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
i would gladly post the pictures sent :)...but the thing is that ATT still doesn't support it :(..i just posted this to show how to get the MMS icon:p...but when i try sending it was sending...but then it said error:(
L...O...L

Motion to change thread title to something a lot less deceiving.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
L...O...L

Motion to change thread title to something a lot less deceiving.
^1. smdh
If MMS sends those tiny pics I am not all hyped up about it anymore. Email is the way to go.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I fail to understand why anyone would bother to do all that just to get a non-working MMS icon. I have that right now with my 3.1b3. It's pointless. When it's ready, it will be turned on.

Thread title changed.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
^1. smdh
If MMS sends those tiny pics I am not all hyped up about it anymore. Email is the way to go.
When you click on the little picture it brings it up full screen...I love the idea, way less clutter in the sms/mms thread of that person.

dl4

Aug 29, 2009
Men! I got the mms icon by downloading ._Att_us.ipcc and downloading it.then you hold down shift and click check for updates.select the file and it will unlock tethering and mms.the crux is that mms wont work because AT&T don't support it but tethering works. You will have to set visual voice mail as acds.voicemail under cellular network settings in network settings. Also try help.benm.at/help.php from iPhone for further help

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
When you click on the little picture it brings it up full screen...I love the idea, way less clutter in the sms/mms thread of that person.
Oh! lol. Well that makes sense. Thanks.