Sorting Favorite Contacts List

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
Here is probably a new question (I haven't been able to find a thread):

How do you alphabetize your favorite contacts list? Every time you add a new favorite it just goes to the bottom of the list...annoying

The one answer I don't want is to delete all the favorites and replace them all. It takes too long and there should be an easier way on this super human computer phone

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
You just have to move them manually.. click "edit" in the top left corner, and you can tap and drag each contact to desired order.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
You just have to move them manually.. click "edit" in the top left corner, and you can tap and drag each contact to desired order.

Devori thanks I had been wondering the same thing. What a pain in the a** but at least I can alphabetize them now.

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
No worries! you can use this same feature to keep your cities in order in the stock weather app.. or any app where you see those three lines when you click "edit"

Jack06

Bronze
Jan 6, 2009
Hi Mate
You can also go into settings>mail,contacts,calendars, and down the bottom you change how your contacts are displayed, whether you want them alphabetically sorted by last name or first name.
Hope that helps
Jack

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
Yes.. the primary contacts list has this option, however, for your favorites list, they must be moved manually.

Jack06

Bronze
Jan 6, 2009
ahhh
I must have missed where he said favourites list,
my bad :laugh2: