SOS! Help me EiC!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Alright Im super f'd up!

My iPhone is stuck at the "plugin" slide for emergency call screen, because I tried to jailbreak/unlock it for t-mobile but at the end of the set-up it said error 6! It then froze until I was able to restore it where its now at the screen I just got done talking about:sick:

I know this is really stupid and I feel extremely dumb for trying this but I promise this will be the last thing I ever will need help with! Even if it means never getting my iPhone activated...I just want to see the home screen again and everything working like before I made my stupid decision:mad:
-now iTunes wont even recognize it with out it making a message pop up saying that the sim or something is unrecognizable

PLEASE HELP! I AM BEGGING!
-Im am extremely sad, I always seem to have the worst luck!:mad:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
How did you try jailbreaking/unlocking?
Which method?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
try to put in dfu mode hold the home and lock button until it reboots and then let go of the lock button and keep holding the home button..if that doesn't work try plugging it in when it is rebooting and doing the same thing..and then restore with iTunes

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Since the phone was on 2.0 I used winpwn(supposedly the safest jb/u of them all) and I followed all the steps and when I got to the very end of the process-even while actually loading the custom firmware onto the iphone- it just stopped and said "error 6"
-Now iTunes wont even sync my iPhone because of "iTunes cannot be used with iTunes because the information required for activation could not be obtained from iPhone" :(

"check sim to make sure it is not sim-lock"

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
try to put in dfu mode hold the home and lock button until it reboots and then let go of the lock button and keep holding the home button..if that doesn't work try plugging it in when it is rebooting and doing the same thing..and then restore with iTunes
So far its working man!:laugh2: Its in DFU mode and iTunes has recognized it, but since the screen is still off(DFU i hope) its still loading... whats my next move?:sick:

Actually reading your post again I think I might have figured out why it did what it did. When I were trying to go into "DFU" mode I would just hold the home and lock buttons and then just expect it to go into the right mode...When what I should have done is counted to 10 or something and WAITED FOR iTunes TO FIND THE iPhone AGAIN :)

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
haha ya and so did you get it recognized and stuff so you couold restore?

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
oh man cool you finally got an iPhone, how did you work that out with your parents

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
iTunes recognizes it again but once I did that it went straight back into the unlocking process then about 5min later said error(6) again :(
-Even worse its at a screen with a "CD with a music symbol over that says iTunes under it with a white sync cable and an arrow pointing towards it?"

The thing is...its frozen their!:sick: I cant press anything on the screen cause their is nothing to press on the screen :sick:

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Will iTunes say/notify you that you are in DFU mode:eek:
-Cause each time I do it-which Im sure I'm doing it right- it says "restore" iPhone in recovery mode

I press Shift+restore

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Yeah, George, you need to restore after you put it in DFU mode. Restore and set up as a new phone. Chcorey52 is right, follow his advice!
BTW, glad you got your iPhone, just don't brick it! LOL

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Now that my iPhone is restored...its back to where I've started from in the beginning of this post.

"No sim card installed"
-Slide to unlock for emergency in like 10 different langauges
-No sim

Im not sure what else their is to do :(
-I think my last option is to try and do the winpwn Jailbreak/unlock process again

How do I make sure that Im in DFU mode?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
OMFG!
-I FIXED IT! I CANT BELIEVE THIS!

IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF "DFU":mad::p
I need to be getting to sleep but special thanks to PimpBoy and ChCorey52! I let you guys know in the morning what I did to get working again!
-Now I got to try and go to sleep cause I only have 4hrs until the school bus will be pulling up:p

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
that school bus is on it's way as I type. You'll feel a little rough today.

I know you're happy to finally get your iPhone... Which is ironic considering you're a "regular" around here. Hope it all works out and can't wait to hear from you this afternoon.

Welcome to the club.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
DFU mode is your friend, if you do it right. You can fix just about any problem as long as you can get the phone into DFU mode.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
DFU mode is your friend, if you do it right. You can fix just about any problem as long as you can get the phone into DFU mode.
hah yep thats what ive learned because ive been in some similar situations

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Thanks Ramesh! :laugh2:
-My thread on that topic is in the marketplace forums of EiC :)

Cause it would take too long to explain it now haha :p

. . .Reveal coming soon