Sound disappear when playing games on 3GS

Aug 10, 2009
Hi, I have the new iPhone 3gs and recently I experienced some sound issues while playing games in 3gs. I realized that the sound disappeared itself when playing some games for a longer period of time (e.g. more than 20-30 minutes). And I found this problem in several games that I downloaded (including Toki Tori, Paper Toss, and Bejeweled 2). I am not sure if these games were designed to lose sound after playing for a prolonged period of time to save battery or is it my hardware/software problem. Could anyone who is knowledgeable to this issue please provide some feedbacks? Thanks.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Sound shouldn't fade after prolonged play. If this is happening take the iPhone to Apple for a replacement.

However, if you are playing games in landscape mode, sometimes your hand / finger can cover the speaker, making the sound appear faded / muted. Could it be that?

Aug 10, 2009
Hi iNinja,

Thanks for the reply. I tried covering my finger/hand with the speaker and I could still hear the music though. I will try contacting Apple to see what they say about this issue.