Sound editing software

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 12, 2007
I have a program called Polderbit Sound editor.
With this I can cut down an mp3 to any size I want. So now instead of having a whole song taking up space as a ringtone, I can chop it down to 20 seconds at any part of the song I want.
The software is pretty cool because it allows you to also record any sound coming from your pc.
Say you want some obscure sound from a random website, and there is no way to download it, just turn on Polderbit and record it.

pb30

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Minnesota
I have a program called Polderbit Sound editor.
With this I can cut down an mp3 to any size I want. So now instead of having a whole song taking up space as a ringtone, I can chop it down to 20 seconds at any part of the song I want.
The software is pretty cool because it allows you to also record any sound coming from your pc.
Say you want some obscure sound from a random website, and there is no way to download it, just turn on Polderbit and record it.
You can also do this in iTunes (its fairly rough though). Right click a file -> Properties -> Options -> Set start/stop time to the section you want -> Right click and convert to AAC.

You then have your ringtone. Be sure you unset the start/stop time on the original file.