Sound issue on call

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Hello all! I have just started noticing a new issue with my sound while on a phone call on my iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2. While I'm on the call and a text message is about to come in and comes in, the sound of the other person goes way out and I can barely hear them. Also one call when a text message would come in or is about to come in, my voice I can hear is the background. Once the text comes in though it goes back to normal.

*I posted here as I am unsure if it is a jailbreak problem. I just checked and I do not have any phone tweaks of any kind.*

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Hello all! I have just started noticing a new issue with my sound while on a phone call on my iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2. While I'm on the call and a text message is about to come in and comes in, the sound of the other person goes way out and I can barely hear them. Also one call when a text message would come in or is about to come in, my voice I can hear is the background. Once the text comes in though it goes back to normal.

*I posted here as I am unsure if it is a jailbreak problem. I just checked and I do not have any phone tweaks of any kind.*
Happens on my phone as well. Could depend on the text tone?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Oh. You didn't mention your device being muted in the previous post ;)
Yep! From what I have seen, there is usually always something people leave out or forgot to include. But yes, my iPhone 5 is always on mute/vibrate mode. But why is my voice/the person's voice talking to me messing up/sounding low/weird when/before a text comes in? This has never happened before on any of my iPhone devices.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Test it in safe mode and let us know if it still happens. Music fades out with alerts, but it only lasts for a second and it's normal. I don't experience it with phone calls. How long is their voice faded?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Test it in safe mode and let us know if it still happens. Music fades out with alerts, but it only lasts for a second and it's normal. I don't experience it with phone calls. How long is their voice faded?
As far as I know, it only lasts a few seconds. But when it would happen I would increase my volume thinking something made the volume go to zero. This is the first few times that I've experienced it with phone calls.

As far as testing it in safe mode, I'm not sure how I would do that. I would have to call someone and have someone text me while I'm on that call.

Sent using iCafe app