sound not working

tiffanyleigh0212

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
whenever i have my earbuds in listening to the ipod i can only hear sound from one earbud. i thought maybe the earbuds had gone bad and purchased a new pair tonight. still the same thing, sound in only one ear. i plug the original earbuds into my computer, and both work fine. i've tried blowing into the jack, it doesn't help. i got a flashlight earlier to look inside and see if i saw anything, saw nothing. the white dot is still showing so i know it's no type of water damage. does anyone know what could be causing this or something i could try and do to fix it.. please help!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would say first try a soft reset and see if that helps (by holding down home and sleep for about 10-15 seconds). If that doesn't work you could try a full restore in iTunes to see if that helps but it could just be a connection issue on the inside of the phone.

I would also recommend pushing the earbuds into and out of the jack a few times and see if that works.

tiffanyleigh0212

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
i did the soft reset and plugged and unplugged the earbuds a few times, still no change. does anyone else have anymore suggestions before i do a restore?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Do you use a case? If so, some cases don't let the headphone jack go all the way in unless you push it in really good.

tiffanyleigh0212

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
wow that was odd.. i've had this case for awhile and never had that problem, but i just took the case off and tried and everything is working fine now. thanks!

B-Roll

Mar 18, 2009
I'm having the same problem.
Only diffence is that I'm not using a case at all.
Cleaned out headphone jack
performed soft reset
performed restore
No change.