sound quality through speaker, not headphones

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
i've noticed on several applications (NES, iAno, pinball for iPhysics) that the sound through the speaker is really awful. the louder the sound, the worse it gets. i've noticed this on the iPod feature as well. it's noticeably better through headphones.

i did a search on here and didn't really find anything. am i expecting too much out of the speaker or is this normal?

thanks in advance.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
you ARE, in fact, asking too much. I mean, exactly what are you expecting that tiny ass speaker to sound like? A wave radio or something? Its just ONE speaker and smaller than a Dorito crumb..... WTF?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i've noticed on several applications (NES, iAno, pinball for iPhysics) that the sound through the speaker is really awful. the louder the sound, the worse it gets. i've noticed this on the iPod feature as well. it's noticeably better through headphones.

i did a search on here and didn't really find anything. am i expecting too much out of the speaker or is this normal?

thanks in advance.
its a very small speaker and if u try to put too much power through it, by turning the volume up, the sound gets distorted. you cant get good quality sound at high levels from a small speaker, every iPhone has the same issue sorry.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
its a very small speaker and if u try to put too much power through it, by turning the volume up, the sound gets distorted. you cant get good quality sound at high levels from a small speaker, every iPhone has the same issue sorry.
thank you for the input. i appreciate your answer.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
In defense of OJsakila, please understand that several people have asked before about sound from the speaker(s) on the iPhone. Often, people think the "second speaker" is not working - Actually, it's a microphone.

The iPhone was really designed for use with a headset or headphones, like the iPods.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
In defense of OJsakila, please understand that several people have asked before about sound from the speaker(s) on the iPhone. Often, people think the "second speaker" is not working - Actually, it's a microphone.

The iPhone was really designed for use with a headset or headphones, like the iPods.
fair enough, but i DID search the forums and didn't find really anything on sound quality. so that's why i asked.

i do know there's only one speaker.