Sound setting issue?

May 30, 2008
Last night when I plugged my iPhone in to charge, it "vibrated" and today the keyboard ticks and the ringer are not working. I did not make any changes in the settings, the vibrate setting is currently in the off position, the keyboard tick button is in the ON position, and the ringer is turned up. So...did I bump it or something for this to happen? Any ideas?

Leah

nishant_81

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
If you haven't already re-stored, then simply try re-starting the phone. I face this issue sometimes, and re-starting it generally corrects it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Don't Restore or Reboot yet. Sound-related issues are quite commonly fixed by going to Settings > General > Reset and tapping "Reset All Settings."

my95z34

Bronze
May 11, 2008
I have this issue fairly often. Turns out the phone keeps thinking there are headphones plugged in and trys to route the sound there.

When its doing it, try the volume controls on the side of the phone, and see if it says (headphones)

If it does, then there's your problem. Now I have no clue how to fix it. :(

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
I have this issue fairly often. Turns out the phone keeps thinking there are headphones plugged in and trys to route the sound there.

When its doing it, try the volume controls on the side of the phone, and see if it says (headphones)

If it does, then there's your problem. Now I have no clue how to fix it. :(
All you do is reset your phone, plug in your headphones, and remove them slowly. I've read this on some site. Turns out when this happens, it's because you took your headphones out too quick.

my95z34

Bronze
May 11, 2008
All you do is reset your phone, plug in your headphones, and remove them slowly. I've read this on some site. Turns out when this happens, it's because you took your headphones out too quick.

Thing is, I don't use headphones at all. I haven't even put any music on my phone yet.