Sounds not working at all

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I just realized that I've got no sounds on my iPhone aside from the main phone rings. Text message, keyboard clicks, even the ipod through the speaker isn't working. What could be causing this? I've rebooted a number of times and that's not working.

Do I have to do a reset on iTunes? I'd really like to aviod this if possible.

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Plug your headphones in and then unplug them.

See if that helps.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I just realized that I've got no sounds on my iPhone aside from the main phone rings. Text message, keyboard clicks, even the ipod through the speaker isn't working. What could be causing this? I've rebooted a number of times and that's not working.

Do I have to do a reset on iTunes? I'd really like to aviod this if possible.
Try making a call with your headset on. Sometimes if i use the headset, remove it and try to make a call, i don't get any sound at all. To solve this, I just plug and unplug the headset a few times. It worked perfectly all the time. Last time i had to do this was yesterday night.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Thanks. I'm thinking the same thing. It was working fine until today and last night I used the headphones. I was wondering if it it thinks that they're still plugged in or something, but don't have a pair with me to plug in.