Sounds not working?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by kate1134, Nov 18, 2013.

1. kate1134

kate1134 New Member

I just downloaded the new update for my phone! I have ringtones that work just fine, but my text tones and keyboard clicks are not working! I tried to reset all settings and that didn't work! Anyone with any ideas? I have also done a hard reset and that didn't work!

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It could just be the bottom speaker. Try opening YouTube app and turn volume up there. That worked for me twice. Seems the volume control is separate. Worth a try. My volume was all way up on home screen, but was below half on YouTube. ?

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

You can also check it by swiping up from the bottom of the screen in the control center; ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1384811777.177635.jpg

4. Jennie

Jennie New Member

My iPhone 4S is doing the very same thing. About half of my calls and half or more of my texts are not making any sounds when coming in. VERY FRUSTRATING! I have tried everything above and it's still doing the same thing. Any suggestions?

5. kate1134

kate1134 New Member

Ok! The problem kind of fixed itself! While at work I had my phone on silent! Took it off silent and low and behold the sounds came back. Kind of a goofy situation!

6. kate1134

kate1134 New Member

Spoke too soon not working again!

7. kate1134

kate1134 New Member

At the control center there is no volume control! Why would that be?

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

You don't happen to have an app called soundcloud installed do you?
    Seeing in Apple discussions that someone was having very similar problems as you. They removed that app and sounds work, slider control not greyed out. Maybe if not soundcloud it could be another app?

Edit; something else to look at is to open a video or movie and make sure it is playing on the device and not set on AirPlay.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Play a video, and while it's playing turn the volume all the way up using the up volume on the side.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

10. kate1134

kate1134 New Member

I think the problem is fixed for now! It just keeps doing it by itself, going to no sounds then back to sounds! I deleted sound cloud a couple of weeks ago! I don't know I guess I will just see how it all works out!

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Done a hard reboot? Press and hold both home and sleep button until you see the Apple logo.
    Last ditch effort would be a restore as new.

12. MattR

MattR Guest

Some apps and speakers lock the sound control themselves as they're incompatible with manual adjustment, you have to click the + and - buttons within the app/on the bluetooth speakers.

Was it connected to any speakers at the time, is it intermittently connecting via bluetooth/airplay as it goes near?